While the brand-new 2014 model growing more widely available at local dealerships, the 2013 Subaru Forester—still a viable choice in its own right—is getting the ol’ zero-percent financing treatment from the automaker. No down payment is necessary, but shoppers need to take delivery from dealer stock by April 1, 2013. The brand also is making the 2013 Subaru Forester available through an affordable leasing offer that calls for payments of $229 per month for 42 months.
Either way, the promotions provide a simple way to get into a vehicle boasting Subaru hallmarks like symmetrical all-wheel drive and a compact, boxer-style engine that makes 170 hp and 174 lb.-ft. of torque while also returning fuel-economy marks of 21 mpg city/27 mpg highway/23 mpg combined.
The $21,295 starting price of the 2013 Subaru Forester also represents a discount of $700 as compared to the 2014 model, yet still includes standard features like:
- A multi-function steering wheel with audio and cruise controls
- Center console storage with a detachable pocket and divider for added organization
- Incredible interior versatility, with more than 68 cubic feet of cargo space, underfloor storage, and multiple utility hooks and tie-downs
- A max tow rating of 2,400 lbs.
- Bluetooth technology for hands-free calling and audio streaming
The 2013 Subaru Forester also managed to receive a nice retirement present this February from Kiplinger’s Personal Finance, which recognized the Forester for having the Best Resale Value in the small crossover segment. And naturally, the 2013 Forester was an IIHS Top Safety Pick, too, as is the 2014 model: http://www.autobytel.com/subaru/forester/2014/news/iihs-2014-subaru-forester-is-a-top-safety-pick-115802/.