It's déjà vu all over again, as it turns out that, along with the previously announced Genesis AR550 concept, there is yet another 2015 Hyundai Genesis concept being readied for both SEMA and the elite German sedan competition. Designed by the Toca Marketing Group, the 2015 Hyundai Genesis "Steel Phoenix" will be introduced to the industry on November 4, when the 2014 SEMA Show opens in Las Vegas as the world's biggest exposition for the automotive aftermarket.
The party line from John Toca, founder and owner of Toca Marketing Group: "The main focus of this build was to zone in on the luxury aspect, while improving performance in parallel. Although I wasn’t overly concerned about pushing crazy horsepower numbers, the custom-fabricated twin turbo setup adds 180 hp over the stock motor. Whether you’re driving the car, sitting in the executively-appointed passenger and rear seats, or admiring the car from the outside, this Genesis is guaranteed to put a smile on your face.”
That's especially the case if you like your 2015 Hyundai Genesis to feature:
- An AirRex digital air suspension
- Toyo tires encasing 21-inch COR three-piece wheels
- Neo Motorsport brakes, with eight-piston calipers up front and a six-piston setup at the rear
- Rockford-Fosgate audio, highlighted by a 500-watt mono amplifier and 400-watt four-channel amp
- An exclusive steel-metallic finish created by BASF
- Plenty of interior upgrades, ranging from real carbon-fiber trim panels to custom Alea leather cabin surfaces (including seats)
- Toca's own custom, all-metal body kit, specifically tailored to the 2015 Hyundai Genesis
- 600 hp worth of engine power, backed by 420 horses from the Genesis' stock 5.0-liter V8 and a nice boost from the previously mentioned Garrett turbochargers
Just remember, the production model of the 2015 Hyundai Genesis sedan also offers much to smile about, since it delivers a notably upscale ownership experience at an MSRP of $38,000.
(Note: Hyundai fans also can keep track of the brand's SEMA efforts online with the hashtag#HyundaiSEMA.)