- The MINI New Passenger Car Limited Warranty is a bumper-to-bumper policy that is in effect for four years or 50,000 miles. This warranty covers most of the components of the vehicle for defective parts, materials or workmanship. This generally does not include replacement for items that wear out under normal use of the vehicle. These items include air filters, brake pads and windshield wiper blades.
- Towing is covered for any breakdowns that are caused by parts still under the warranty. This service is covered for the full term of the new car warranty.
- The tires are not covered by the new vehicle warranty. The tires are covered by their own warranty policy from the tire manufacturer.
- Any MINI accessories that are installed before the owner takes possession of the car are covered for the full term of the vehicle warranty. If the accessories are installed after the purchase of the car, those accessories are covered for two years or for the remaining time of the vehicle warranty, whichever time period is longer.
- Warranty repairs to the vehicle must be done at a MINI dealership for the warranty to cover those repairs.
- A rust and corrosion warranty is in effect for 12 years with no limit on the number of miles. This warranty covers the body if the vehicle against any holes that are caused by rust. Damage to the surface of the body by rust is not covered.
- The power train is covered by the new vehicle warranty. Unlike many makes, the MINI does not have a separate policy for power train components.
- Roadside assistance is provided for four years or 50,000 miles. This coverage provides emergency roadside services in the event that the vehicle runs out of gas, is locked with the keys inside, has a flat tire or is in need for a jumpstart for a dead battery. It also includes wrecker services for accidents and towing services for breakdowns. The vehicle will be taken to the closest MINI dealer. Some emergency services, such as locksmith and towing services are limited to $100 in coverage.
- All new MINI vehicles are covered by the Free Schedules Maintenance policy. This pays for all of the required vehicle maintenance for three years or 36,000 miles. This includes oil changes every 10,000 miles as recommended by the vehicle's maintenance manual. It also includes changes of air the filter, wiper blade insert, brake pads and rotors and the engine drive belts. The engine is inspected and the brake fluid replenished during these maintenance sessions. The maintenance must be done at a MINI dealership.
- The warranties cover anyone who is driving the vehicle at the time, even if it is not the vehicle's owner.
- There is no deductible for any covered repairs for parts under warranty or for scheduled maintenance services within the maintenance warranty period.