If you’re worn out from a tough day on the job and facing a long ride home, don't worry, it looks like the 2015 Cadillac XTS will have your back: Its newly available power-adjustable front seats offer 22-way massaging functionality that includes a pneumatic cushion massage for the driver that was specifically designed to help battle fatigue. And as made clear by Dr. Leena S. Guptha, board chair for the National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage & Bodywork, that can have an important real-world impact on driver health.
Noted Guptha: “Many Americans have the common misconception that massage is just a luxurious way to relax. The benefits of massage are actually wide-ranging, especially for those that work that monotonous daily grind behind a desk or the wheel of car."
Front-seat occupants in the 2015 Cadillac XTS can even create their own custom massage profiles, with the perfect mix of the seats' rolling, kneading and anti-fatigue functionalities, and save them in the car's memory for the future.
Added Elizabeth Hayes, engineering group manager for General Motors: “This feature gives customers another way to improve their drive. Once a massage setting is stored, a driver simply has to push the button and engage the luxury option. It is our goal to always find ways to make getting from point A to point B a little more pleasant.”
The 2015 Cadillac XTS also receives a number of other upgrades for the new selling season:
- OnStar's 4G LTE connectivity service, with mobile wi-fi hotspot
- Lane-keeping assistance, joining carry-over safety measures like the GM Safety Alert seat, lane-departure warning, side blind-zone alert, rear cross-traffic alert and forward collision alert.
- Two new exterior colors—Cocoa Bronze Metallic and, with late availability, Dark Adriatic Blue Metallic
- Fresh 19-in. wheel designs with a painted finish for the 2015 Cadillac XTS Luxury Collection and a polished finish for the Platinum Collection
- An additional interior theme (Kona Brown with Jet Black accents and Open Pore Sapele wood trim)
- A re-worked rear-seat armrest that features radio and sunshade controls, along with power-folding outside mirrors
Offered with either a naturally aspirated 305-hp V6 or a similarly cylindered twin-turbo that makes 410 horses in the XTS Vsport, the 2015 Cadillac XTS is coming soon to dealerships near you.