2006 BMW M5 Photo Gallery
M5, the new ultimate driving machine
2006 BMW M5 Photo Gallery
• M Series Multi-function Sport Seats: These seats include active side bolsters that automatically inflate to hold occupants in place during tight cornering as well as active head restraints pivot forward in a severe rear collision to help prevent whiplash prevention. Multiple fans in the seat move air through the perforated leather to keep occupants cool and perspiration free.
• Comfort Access: This feature allows the driver to carry a remote in a pocket or purse and access or lock the vehicle by simply touching the door handle. Starting the car is just as easy; press the start button and you’re off without having to insert the key in the ignition.
• Soft Close Doors: Close any door gently and an electric mechanism draws it shut.
• Full Leather and Wood trim: Just in case the standard leather and aluminum trim aren’t up to snuff.
• M Heads Up Display: A virtual color image is displayed on the windshield and allows the driver to see selected information without taking his eyes from the road.
• Sirius Satellite Radio: Sirius offers 60 original and commercial-free channels of music, plus over 40 stations featuring sports, news and entertainment.
• Split Folding Rear Seats: Includes a ski bag pass-through.
• Heated Rear Seats: BMW hasn’t ignored the less fortunate who must ride in rather than drive the M5. Outboard rear occupants get three-stage, two-zone heated seats.
• Power Rear Sunshade: Includes manual side window sunshades.
• Rear Side-impact Airbags: These are door mounted and complement the standard side curtain airbags.
• Rear Spoiler Delete: A no cost option that gets rid of apparently unnecessary hardware.
• Active Backrest functionality that tightens the lower backrest bolsters when sensing cornering forces.
• Adjustable Upper Back Rest Support that is electronically controlled and not affected by active functions.
• Active Head Restraints that allow the driver to adjust the headrest away from the back of her head but pivot forward during impact to protect against whiplash.
• Active Seat Ventilation uses multiple fans inside of the seat to circulate air though the perforated leather keeping the front occupants cool on hot days.
• Dual front two-stage deployment smart airbags
• Front and rear side-curtain airbags
• Front side-impact airbags
• Front safety belts with automatic tensioning and force limiters
• Automatic locking retractors on all safety belts
• LATCH attachments in the rear for child seats
• Interlocking door anchoring system for side impacts
• Battery cut-off
• BMW Assist telematics
• Central locking system with double-lock anti-theft feature and selective unlocking
Shoulder room (front/rear): 57.3/57.2 inches
Head room (front/rear): 37.7/37.8 inches
Leg room (front/rear): 41.5/36 inches
Passenger compartment volume: 99.1 cu.-ft.
Cargo volume: 14.0 cu.-ft.
Weight distribution (front/rear): 52.2/47.8
Wheelbase: 113 inches
Track (front/rear): 62.2/61.7
Length: 191 inches
Width: 72.7 inches
Height: 57.8 inches
Aero drag coefficient: 0.31
Photos courtesy of BMW North America