Restyled 2014 Volvo XC60 to Offer Cyclist Detection System
New Transmission Software Shifts T6 Model to Higher Performance Levels
Still looking for the right recipe for success under Geely Automobile, Volvo is adding plenty of new ingredients to the 2014 Volvo XC60. The brand's best-selling crossover has been restyled inside and out, and also introduces both additional safety technology and a little something for performance enthusiasts as well: Advanced Quick Shift.
Standard in the 2014 Volvo XC60 T6 AWD and R-Design models, the revised software mapping will help drivers find new levels of performance and, more specifically, enable 0-60 times of just 6.5 seconds. That's some .4 of a second faster than in the 2013 version, with the difference-maker being quicker shifts for Volvo's also-standard six-speed Geartronic automatic transmission. And speaking of transmissions, the 2014 Volvo XC60 also becomes the first Volvo crossover to offer paddle-shifters, and they complement a new three-spoke steering-wheel design.
Further enhancing the cockpit in the 2014 Volvo XC60 are a myriad of upscale changes, as designers seek to impart a significantly more premium environment for those inside. It's an approach that allows for a fairly wide degree of personalization, too. While even the standard trim levels welcome features like redesigned instrument clusters, fresh wood-decor trim, cloth-covered B-pillars, and new front-door sill plates, owners also can finetune the 2014 Volvo XC60 with:
- Three different interior design themes, emphasizing Performance, Elegance or Eco efficiency
- A new Inscription Package that shows off "Sovereign Hide" leather seating surfaces, a leather-covered dashboard, sophisticated "Modern Wood" inlay accents and an "Anthracite Black" headliner
- An upgraded Sport Package that brings redesigned sport seats and 20-inch Titania-design alloy wheels
- Revised R-Design components, including new 20-inch alloy wheels, body-color lower moldings and a metallic-themed cabin highlighted by aluminum inserts
- More stand-alone options, ranging from dual xenon headlights to heated front seats to additional 20-inch wheel designs
The 2014 Volvo XC60 also benefits from the brand's new, more detailed approach to design, showcasing a bolder yet more sophisticated look that is an ideal complement for its re-designed siblings.
And we haven't even gotten to the new technologies yet!