Still looking for the right recipe for success under Geely Automobile, Volvo is adding plenty of new ingredients to the 2014 Volvo XC60. The brand's best-selling crossover has been restyled inside and out, and also introduces both additional safety technology and a little something for performance enthusiasts as well: Advanced Quick Shift.
Standard in the 2014 Volvo XC60 T6 AWD and R-Design models, the revised software mapping will help drivers find new levels of performance and, more specifically, enable 0-60 times of just 6.5 seconds. That's some .4 of a second faster than in the 2013 version, with the difference-maker being quicker shifts for Volvo's also-standard six-speed Geartronic automatic transmission. And speaking of transmissions, the 2014 Volvo XC60 also becomes the first Volvo crossover to offer paddle-shifters, and they complement a new three-spoke steering-wheel design.
Further enhancing the cockpit in the 2014 Volvo XC60 are a myriad of upscale changes, as designers seek to impart a significantly more premium environment for those inside. It's an approach that allows for a fairly wide degree of personalization, too. While even the standard trim levels welcome features like redesigned instrument clusters, fresh wood-decor trim, cloth-covered B-pillars, and new front-door sill plates, owners also can finetune the 2014 Volvo XC60 with:
- Three different interior design themes, emphasizing Performance, Elegance or Eco efficiency
- A new Inscription Package that shows off "Sovereign Hide" leather seating surfaces, a leather-covered dashboard, sophisticated "Modern Wood" inlay accents and an "Anthracite Black" headliner
- An upgraded Sport Package that brings redesigned sport seats and 20-inch Titania-design alloy wheels
- Revised R-Design components, including new 20-inch alloy wheels, body-color lower moldings and a metallic-themed cabin highlighted by aluminum inserts
- More stand-alone options, ranging from dual xenon headlights to heated front seats to additional 20-inch wheel designs
The 2014 Volvo XC60 also benefits from the brand's new, more detailed approach to design, showcasing a bolder yet more sophisticated look that is an ideal complement for its re-designed siblings.
And we haven't even gotten to the new technologies yet!