The 2015 VW Eos—Volkswagen's compact hard-top convertible—at replaces the mid-range "Sport" trim from the 2014 roster. That new 2015 VW Eos Final Edition will, naturally, keep the content upgrades from its predecessor, then add stylish two-tone leather seating surfaces in Cornsilk Beige and black, complemented by contrast stitching, "silver net" interior accents and 18-inch wheels with VW's "Vicenza" design. In terms of hardware, the Final Edition also welcomes a standard rearview camera system and rain-sensing wipers.
Volkswagen has fine-tuned the palette for the 2015 VW Eos as well by offering a new "Pure White" finish across the lineup along with an available "Flash Red" exterior for the "Komfort" and "Executive" trims.
Now, given the fact that the 2014 model wasn't exactly a well-known choice in this country, it's probably worthwhile to provide a quick rundown on the standard features in the 2015 VW Eos, like:
- Power from a 200-hp four-cylinder turbo engine that also serves up 207 lb.-ft. of torque
- A multi-piece retractable hard top that can be raised or lowered in about 25 seconds and also includes a heated glass rear window and integrated sunroof
- Bluetooth technology for calling/audio streaming
- Eight-speaker audio system with USB interface
- Touchscreen navigation with 5-inch color display
- VW Car-Net technology for connected services
- Heated front seats with 12-way power-adjustable driver's chair
- Fuel-economy marks of 22 mpg city/30 mpg highway/25 mpg combined
Further, premium audio and navigation systems, along with a leather cabin, rearview camera setup, LED daytime running lamps and adaptive front lighting are all in the mix on the upper-range models of the 2015 VW Eos.
Pricing for the 2015 VW Eos will be announced closer to its on-sale date later in 2014.
You may also be interested in...
The Ten Most Affordable 2014 Convertibles
2015 Corvette Z06 Convertible Debut Video at the 2014 New York Auto Show
2015 Corvette Z06 C7 Convertible Interior Overview at the 2014 New York Auto Show
2012 Volkswagen Eos Road Test and Review
8 Small Cars Worth A Second Look
New 2012 Volkswagen Eos to be Unveiled at L.A. Auto Show