The 2015 VW Eos—Volkswagen's compact hard-top convertible—at replaces the mid-range "Sport" trim from the 2014 roster. That new 2015 VW Eos Final Edition will, naturally, keep the content upgrades from its predecessor, then add stylish two-tone leather seating surfaces in Cornsilk Beige and black, complemented by contrast stitching, "silver net" interior accents and 18-inch wheels with VW's "Vicenza" design. In terms of hardware, the Final Edition also welcomes a standard rearview camera system and rain-sensing wipers.
Volkswagen has fine-tuned the palette for the 2015 VW Eos as well by offering a new "Pure White" finish across the lineup along with an available "Flash Red" exterior for the "Komfort" and "Executive" trims.
Now, given the fact that the 2014 model wasn't exactly a well-known choice in this country, it's probably worthwhile to provide a quick rundown on the standard features in the 2015 VW Eos, like:
- Power from a 200-hp four-cylinder turbo engine that also serves up 207 lb.-ft. of torque
- A multi-piece retractable hard top that can be raised or lowered in about 25 seconds and also includes a heated glass rear window and integrated sunroof
- Bluetooth technology for calling/audio streaming
- Eight-speaker audio system with USB interface
- Touchscreen navigation with 5-inch color display
- VW Car-Net technology for connected services
- Heated front seats with 12-way power-adjustable driver's chair
- Fuel-economy marks of 22 mpg city/30 mpg highway/25 mpg combined
Further, premium audio and navigation systems, along with a leather cabin, rearview camera setup, LED daytime running lamps and adaptive front lighting are all in the mix on the upper-range models of the 2015 VW Eos.
Pricing for the 2015 VW Eos will be announced closer to its on-sale date later in 2014.