It is no secret that last year was a good one for Toyota. With record sales and regaining the title of world’s largest automaker, Toyota has some extra cash in the bank. Rather than sit on this influx of cash to use later, Toyota has decided to give some away to a worthy charity. Toyota Financial Services has partnered with ADESA, Manheim and Norwalk Auto Actions – three auto remarketing firms – and is donating $464,425 to the Boys & Girls Clubs of America. The money is set to be divided between 19 local Boys & Girls Clubs that are currently active in the Diplomas to Degrees, also known as d2D, college preparedness program.
Mike Groff, senior vice president, Sales, Product & Marketing, Toyota Financial Services had this to say; “Boys & Girls Clubs of America has been an important partner to Toyota for many years, and we are proud to join with them to make a difference in the lives of youth in communities where we live and work.”
The money for this program was raised late last year as TFS pledged to donate $50 for every vehicle sold during the month of November 2012. The trio of auction houses pledged an additional $15 to $25 per vehicle. This is the second year that TFS and its partners have banded together to help raise money for the charity since its inception last year. The d2D program was created as a partnership between TFS and the Boys & Girls Club to provide teens with the tools and resources they would need to prepare for college. This year’s contribution represents an increase of $161,805 over last year’s donation. The 19 Clubs receiving aid from the donation will split it equally with $24,443 going to each.
The selected clubs include:
• Boys & Girls Clubs of Bellevue, Wash.
• Boys & Girls Clubs of Chicago
• Boys & Girls Clubs of Fullerton, Calif.
• San Leandro Boys & Girls Clubs of San Leandro, Calif.
• Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Kansas City, Mo.
• Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Lowell, Mass.
• Boys & Girls Clubs of Metro Portland, Ore.
• Boys & Girls Clubs of the Twin Cities, Minn.
• Boys & Girls Clubs of Paterson & Passic, N.J.
• Boys & Girls Clubs of St. Charles, Mo.
• Boys & Girls Clubs of Cincinnati, Ohio
• Boys & Girls Clubs of East Valley, Ariz.
• Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Washington, Washington, D.C.
• Boys & Girls Clubs of Las Vegas, Nev.
• Boys & Girls Clubs of Metro Atlanta, Ga.
• Boys & Girls Clubs of Metro Baltimore, Md.
• Boys & Girls Clubs of San Antonio, Texas
• Boys & Girls Clubs of Southeastern Michigan, Mich.
• Wakeman Memorial Association, Southport, Conn.