Getting firsthand information from an actual car owner is one sure way to get an idea of car performance once it leaves the lot. Autobytel features real consumer reviews that give the unbiased experience of a car.
Pros: side mirror defroster
Cons: plastic head lights - need to be glass
Advice: With Saturn the car is about 90% of it, the other 10% is the GREAT SERVICE by the dealershipI had one as a rental for 3 days while my sl2 was in for body repair after an accident. Fell in love with it so much after I returned the rental 3 days later I traded my sl2 in for the l200.
Pros: Quiet, responsive solid construction and best value
Cons: Ho Hum styling OK but not head turning
Advice: Try both the 100 and 300 models before you buy.This is a great midsize car! Do your own side by side comparisons as I did then take a couple of test drives. Try the 100 first, then try the 300 to compare them. I own a SC1 coupe, small engine, 5 speed. I've called it the 'econo box' but it's been a great little car! We purchased it used at our local Saturn dealer. (If you haven't been to one of their dealers, you need to check them out!) They treated us like we'd just purchased a $50K luxery care rather than a $6K used car! I knew I'd be back some day!
Pros: safety cage
Advice: you can splurge b/c prices are reasonable!I wouldn't buy any other vehicle out on the market today. It saved my life. I was in an accident where the car flipped 3 times and slid into a tree backwards, the car was in pretty bad shape in the back where we hit but the driver and I sustained no injuries at all. The safety of this vehicle is exceptional. I am now a loyal customer of Saturn. I'm in the market for another vehicle and i want to buy another Saturn specifically for the safety it provides and also the car is 'sleek' and performs wonderfully, if taken proper care of.
Pros: I didn't feel like I was being taken advantage of and their customer service is great.
Cons: The leather upholstery needs improvement.
Advice: Do the research and test drive all the vehicles you're considering to purchase.I was very impressed with the test drive because the sales man allowed me to drive the vechicle on rough roads, up steep hills, and windy roads. He also explained the features of this model and answered all of my questions. I was very pleased with this vehicle's performance. The test drive was a very pleasant experience.
Pros: The traction control
Cons: The washer fluid resevoir is too small.
Advice: Compare before you buy. I think you will find this the best car for your money.Interior setup is nice, everything easy to reach. Dashboard display is unobstructed and easily readable. Driver, passenger, and side curtain airbags. ABS and Traction control systems handle snow well. Acceleration was excellent with smooth automatic gear transition. Steering is responsive and suspension seems just right (not too rigid, not too soft) The engine takes a long time (10 minutes) to warm up enough to heat the interior and is louder than peer vehicles until it is warm. I also test drove a Grand Prix, Taurus, and Impala.
Pros: Good looks, good performance, well equipped
Cons: Wish it had a bigger fuel tank!
Advice: Try to find the Special Edition like mine..they won't last longI tested what is now my new FW4 (front wheel drive, 4 cyl) Saturn Vue, my first impression was it's easy to get into, lower than the average SUV and it felt natural. Ergonomically designed, everything is where it should be. The over all body styling is nice and the paint quality is nice. Rides & drive so much better than the Explorer. I have a special edition VUE, spec'd with the power package, moonroof, cd w/ 6 speakers, alloys, manual tranny(what i wanted) ....I priced each option seperatly and it came to 19,380 (or so) this special edition was $17,770. The car is well built, very functional interior, and it's generally a nice SUV. Go check on out if you are looking for a compact SUV.
Cons: NO FOG LAMPS FOR THE 2WD VUE
Advice: GREAT BUYTHE VUE HANDLES ALOT BETTER THAN ALOT OF SUV'S IN TIGHT TURNS. ACCELERATION IS VERY NICE. VERY SPACIOUS ON THE INSIDE. SOUND SYSTEM WITH SIX SPEAKERS HAS GOOD QUALITY. PLEANTY OF LEG ROOM IN THE BACK SEAT. OVERALL I RATE THE VUE WITH FIVE STARS. YOU CAN'T GET THE QUALITY AND PRICING ANYWHERE ELSE.