In response to popular demand—and now boasting expanded availability and features—the 2014 RAM 1500 Mossy Oak Edition will debut in the near-term future with an MSRP of $39,985 (and a destination charge of $1,195).
The buzz from “Cuz,” aka Ronnie Strickland, executive vice president of Mossy Oak: "The Ram Truck brand has been a great partner to Mossy Oak. The people there love trucks, but they’re also into hunting and fishing and understand that their customers are, too. To have Ram take that relationship to the next level by offering a special Mossy Oak Edition speaks volumes about their commitment to hunters and Outdoorsmen and women, and we are extremely proud to partner with them."
Now, as camouflage connoisseurs may recall, Ram and Mossy Oak had teamed up before for a successful special edition pickup, but the model had been on what the brand calls a “brief, one-year hiatus.” The time off does seem to have been for the best, however, as the new 2014 Ram 1500 Mossy Oak Edition adds a handy new resource for lovers of the great outdoors: the RamBox Cargo Management system, providing unique storage solutions located with the side walls of the pickup bed—which will be available in lengths of 6’4” and 5’7.”
2014 Ram 1500: What Makes the Mossy Oak Edition
The 2014 Ram 1500 Mossy Oak itself is available solely in a four-wheel-drive crew-cab configuration and is based, unsurprisingly, on the pickup’s pre-existing Outdoorsman model. That setup delivers:
- A standard 3.6-liter V6 with an eight-speed automatic transmission, enabling 305 hp, 269 lb.-ft. of torque, a max tow rating of 10,050 lbs., and EPA marks of up to 25 mpg highway
- An available 5.7-liter HEMI V8
- Uconnect infotainment/connectivity technology with an 8.4-inch touchscreen and Bluetooth with integrated Voice Command capability
- Premium cloth seating with a 10-way, power-adjustable driver’s seat with power-adjustable lumbar support
- Cabin accoutrements like a full-length floor console, power-sliding rear window, premium vinyl door trim, auto-dimming rearview mirror, and leather-wrapped, multi-function steering wheel
- 17-inch aluminum wheels wrapped in Goodyear OWL on-/off-road tires
Then the 2014 Ram 1500 Mossy Oak Edition adds the camo company’s “Break-Up Infinity” pattern to its palette. On the outside, the camouflage accents the truck’s bedcaps and tailgate, and can be added to its lower cladding as well; in the cabin, the same pattern highlights the center column of the Ram’s instrument panel and door-panel inserts, while embroidered Mossy Oak logos adorn the seatbacks. Customers also can upgrade the Mossy Oak Edition’s seating with Katzkin Leather surfaces.
“Ram Truck is focused on the needs and wants of truck buyers,” said Reid Bigland, president and CEO of the Ram Truck Brand for Chrysler Group LLC. “Our Ram Truck owners are passionate about hunting and fishing. The Ram Mossy Oak Edition gives hunting enthusiasts a way to proudly proclaim their love for the outdoors.“
You may also be interested in...
2014 Ram 1500 Laramie Full-Size Pickup Truck Review
Automobile Magazine Picks 2014 Ram 1500 for All-Star Team
2014 Ram 1500 Helps Deliver Sales Surprise in March
Factory Begins Shipping 2014 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel Models
Entire First Build of 2014 Ram 1500 EcoDiesels Claimed in 3 Days
EPA: 2014 Ram 1500 Certified at 28 mpg with EcoDiesel V6