On the odd chance you can’t find what you want on the long list of standard and available equipment for the new 2013 RAM 1500, the Chrysler Group’s accessories brand—Mopar—is ready with both a helping hand and more than 300 additional add-ons for the truck. Sound excessive? Not to Pietro Gorlier, Mopar’s president and CEO, who explained that: “Ram owners love to accessorize and personalize their trucks. In fact, Ram truck owners typically spend more than $500 on Mopar performance parts and accessories.”
2013 Ram 1500: Accessories in the Spotlight
With so many aftermarket accessories to choose from, owners can add both style and capability to their 2013 Ram 1500 pickups, and, in many cases, do both at the same time. For example, Mopar offers a surprisingly wide range of side steps, for all cab sizes, with finishes ranging from a no-nonsense stainless steel to chrome to aluminum (in silver, black and white gold). Prices start at just $375, too.
Other cherry-picked Mopar upgrades for the 2013 Ram 1500 include:
- Three different bed-mounted toolboxes, including a commercial-grade unit in black diamond plate with an MSRP of $699
- Soft, hard and fiberglass tonneau covers, opening at $458 for a roll-up cover for the 5-foot-7-inch conventional bed
- Bed-protection resources like drop-in bedliners, bed mats and bed rugs
- Chrome appearance enhancers such as grille inserts, body-side moldings, front air deflectors and fuel doors
- Suspension lift kits that provide 2 to 4 extra inches of ride height (only for trucks without the available air suspension)
- Two separate cat-back exhaust systems, for 5.7- and 4.7-liter engines
- Hauling helpers like a 2-inch Class IV trailer hitch, two ball-mount adapters and trailer-tow mirrors
The 2013 Ram 1500 is at dealerships now, with an MSRP that starts at $22,590, and the full list of Mopar goodies for the truck can be found at www.Mopar.com.
2013 Ram 1500: A Todo, Con Todo
As another way of supporting the launch of the 2013 Ram 1500, the brand also is partnering with one of the biggest names in Latin music: Juanes. Having sold more than 15 million albums worldwide, and captured both Grammy and Latin Grammy Awards for his work, Juanes will perform the soundtrack for a trio of TV spots that are part of the new “A Todo, Con Todo” ad campaign. (That’s Spanish for “to everything, with everything.”)
“I am extremely excited to be working with Ram trucks on such a far-reaching bilingual campaign,” said Juanes. “It gives me an opportunity to share new music with a broad global audience while supporting a brand I believe in and is a dependable daily presence in the lives of many of my fans.”
The global campaign will break during the Nov. 15 Latin Grammy Awards program on Univision, with Juanes driving up to the event in a 2013 Ram 1500 and performing live during the broadcast. Ram enthusiasts also can look forward to print and digital executions, in both Spanish- and English-language versions.
“Juanes’ creative fusion of musical styles and the bold way he blends lyrics about everyday life and deeper issues make him the perfect Ram partner,” said Olivier Francois, chief marketing officer for the Chrysler Group LLC. “His music and his persona encapsulate the essence of the Ram 1500 pickup—the most capable truck for every professional and lifestyle need. Both Juanes and Ram embody the ‘A Todo, Con Todo’ spirit, giving everything they’ve got to everything they do.”