2014 Mitsubishi Outlander to Provide Peak Safety
All-new Crossover Boosts Pikes Peak Presence for Mitsu
The all-new 2014 Mitsubishi Outlander has been selected as the Official Safety Vehicle of the 2013 Pikes Peak International Hill Climb, further reflecting an industry-wide surge of interest in this year’s event. Consider: Mitsubishi, Ford, Honda, Hyundai, Toyota, Peugeot and more will be providing factory-backed support for Pikes Peak performers, with Mitsubishi also serving as “presenting sponsor” and Honda acting as a “partnering sponsor.”
As for Mitsu’s machinery, the all-new 2014 Mitsubishi Outlander will step into its new role backed by the latest iteration of the company’s Super All-Wheel Control (S-AWC) technology, along with a highly aerodynamic exterior design and available benefits like:
- Two engine choices, including a 31-mpg 4-cylinder unit and a 224-hp V6
- An advanced continuously variable transmission with Mitsubishi’s Acceleration Control system for more responsive performance
- 710 watts worth of premium audio from Rockford-Fosgate
- High-def navigation with a seven-inch touchscreen, voice recognition, 3D mapping and real-time traffic alerts
- The company’s FUSE Hands-Free Link System for voice control of iPods and compatible cell phones
- Driver-assistance measures such as adaptive cruise control, forward collision mitigation, and lane-departure warning
- MSRPs that open at $22,995
Also joining the 2014 Mitsubishi Outlander on the peak will be a Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution (as a supplemental safety vehicle) and two Mitsubishi MiEV Evolution II electric racers that will be entered in the highly competitive EV category.
Race week at the Pikes Peak International Hill Climb in Colorado kicks off on Monday, June 24, 2013, with the competition taking place on June 30, 2013. For more info, visit www.PPIHC.com.