2013 Mitsubishi Lancer SE AWC Compact Sedan Video Review
Here at Autobytel, we like to give our honest opinion on vehicles to help you decide which vehicle you should buy. That means sometimes we have to give vehicles a thumbs down and recommend other vehicles. Case in point is the 2013 Mitsubishi Lancer SE AWC. It's not a bad car per se, but the Lancer is getting up there in age, and competition such as the Honda Civic and Subaru Impreza are much better vehicles.
Outside, the Lancer has a very aggressive look. There is a distinctive snout, hood with some character lines, and a very unique rear. Higher end models add a rear-spoiler and a larger set of alloy wheels. The Lancer's interior is very much plain. There is a color screen in the instrument cluster that provides trip information and a Rockford Fosgate sound system that provides good sound. The SE model adds such features heated seats, power everything, and Bluetooth.
The Lancer comes equipped with three different engines. They are:
- 2.0L MIVEC Inline-four: 148 horsepower, 145 pound-feet of torque
- 2.4L MIVEC Inline-four: 168 horsepower, 167 pound-feet of torque
- Turbocharged 2.0L MIVEC Inline-four: 237 horsepower, 253 pound-feet of torque
The 2.0L and 2.4L engines come with the choice of either of a five-speed manual or a continuously-variable transmission. The turbocharged 2.0L comes with a six-speed Twin-Clutch Sportronic Shift Transmission (TC-SST). Certain models like the SE come standard with Mitsubishi's AWC (All-Wheel Control) which can send power to all four-wheels to improve traction.
Fuel economy is rated by the EPA at:
- 2.0L w/six-speed manual: 25 City/34 Highway/28 Combined
- 2.0L w/CVT: 26 City/34 Highway/29 Combined
- 2.4L w/six-speed manual: 22 City/31 Highway/26 Combined
- 2.4L w/CVT: 23 City/30 Highway/26 Combined
- 2.4L w/CVT and AWC: 22 City/29 Highway/25 Combined
- Turbo 2.0L: 18 City/25 Highway/20 Combined
The 2013 Mitsubishi Lancer starts at $15,995 for the base DE model and climbs up to $28,095 for the RalliArt model. The SE model as shown starts at $20,295.