2013 Mazda MX-5 Miata Club Edition Video Review
For over twenty years, the Mazda MX-5 Miata has been a favorite of enthusiasts due to its combination of lightweightness and how fun it was to drive on a nice, curvy road. For 2013, Mazda has introduced a new special edition of the MX-5 Miata called the Club Edition. The Club Edition takes the place of the Touring model and brings some goodies.
To start, the Club Edition has a set of graphics running along the side, Club badges on the front fenders, blacked-out mirror caps, seventeen-inch gunmetal alloy wheels, and a new rear diffuser. You can get your MX-5 Miata Club with either a soft top or a power retractable hard top. Inside, the MX-5 Miata Club has body-color decoration panels with distinguishing graphics and red contrast stitching on the cloth seats.
Powering the MX-5 Miata Club is a MZR 2.0L DOHC four-cylinder engine producing 167 horsepower and 140 pound-feet of torque when equipped with a six-speed manual. If equipped with the six-speed automatic, horsepower drops to 158. Fuel economy is rated at,
- Six-Speed Manual: 21 City/28 Highway/24 Combined
- Six-Speed Automatic: 21 City/28 Highway/23 Combined
The MX-5 Miata Club is also equipped with a suspension package which adds Bilstein shocks, a limited slip differential and a sport-tuned suspension.
Pricing for the 2013 Mazda MX-5 Miata Club Edition breaks down like this,
- MX-5 Miata Club Edition - Soft Top, Six-Speed Manual: $26,705
- MX-5 Miata Club Edition - Soft Top, Six-Speed Automatic: $27,305
- MX-5 Miata Club Edition - Hard Top, Six-Speed Manual: $28,465
- MX-5 Miata Club Edition - Hard Top, Six-Speed Automatic: $29,065
Competitors to the 2013 Mazda MX-5 Miata Club Edition include the Mini Roadster and Volkswagen Beetle Convertible.