Last summer, Mazda announced they would be racing a SKYACTIV diesel engine in the 2013 season of the Grand-AM race series as part of the new GX class. At the 2013 Detroit Auto Show, Mazda showed off the new Mazda6 SKYACTIV race car featuring the race-prepped SKYACTIV-D engine. The 2.2L four-cylinder diesel used in the race car is almost the same engine that Mazda will use in the new 2014 Mazda6. The difference is the 2.2L in the race car is producing 400 horsepower and 450 pound-feet of torque. Road Test Editor Jeff Glucker gives you the lowdown on the new Mazda6 SKYACTIV-D Race Car.
Mazda6 SKYACTIV Diesel Race Car At The 2013 Detroit Auto Show
- Autobytel 2014 Sedan of the Year: Mazda6
- Popular Mechanics Makes 2014 Mazda Mazda6 Its Car of the Year
- 2014 Mazda MAZDA6 Grand Touring Quick Spin
- Technically Speaking: Mazda's SKYACTIV Technologies
- Clean-diesel Mazda Mazda6 Cleans up at Grand-Am Awards Banquet
comments powered by Disqus