The 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee got some major updates to make Jeep's already capable flagship even more capable.
While at first glance the 2014 Grand Cherokee looks similar to the 2013 Grand Cherokee, Jeep designers made changes to make the 2014 Grand Cherokee look somewhat different. The front end has been restyled with distinctive grilles for each trim level and headlights featuring LED daytime running lamps. There is also a new selection of wheels and LED taillights. Inside, Jeep addressed some major complaints by adding more high end materials and fabrics throughout. There is also a new steering wheel, an optional 8.4-inch touch screen with Chrysler's UConnect Infotainment system, and new instrument cluster.
Under the hood lies the choice of three different engines. They include:
- 3.6L PentaStar V6: 290 Horsepower, 260 Pound-Feet of Torque
- 5.7 HEMI V8: 360 Horsepower, 390 Pound-Feet of Torque
- 3.0L EcoDiesel V6: 240 Horsepower, 420 Pound-Feet of Torque
All engines are paired with an eight-speed ZF automatic transmission. You can equip the 2014 Grand Cherokee with two-wheel drive, or three different versions of Jeep's QuadraTrac four-wheel drive system. Certain versions of Jeep's QuadraTrac system come with Selec-Terrain system which allows the driver to select from five different settings to help improve on/off-road performance.
EPA rates the 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee lineup at:
- 3.6L PentaStar V6 2WD: 17 City/25 Highway/20 Combined
- 3.6L PentaStar V6 4WD: 17 City/24 Highway/19 Combined
- 5.7L HEMI V8 2WD: 14 City/22 Highway/17 Combined
- 5.7L HEMI V8 4WD: 14 City/20 Highway/16 Combined
- 3.0L EcoDiesel V6 2WD: 22 City/30 Highway
- 3.0L EcoDiesel V6 4WD: 21 City/28 Highway
The 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee starts at $28,795 for the Laredo V6 2WD model and climbs up to $55,995 for the Summit EcoDiesel V6 4WD model. Competitors to the 2014 Grand Cherokee include the Land Rover LR4, Nissan Pathfinder, and Toyota 4Runner.
You may also be interested in...
First Drive - 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee
First Drive - 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT Overview With Chief Engineer Dave Cotrell
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT Launch Control Demo
10 Things You Need To Know About The 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Road Test & Review