The recently refreshed 2014 Jeep Compass pointed due north during May, when the compact SUV posted its highest single-month sales total ever. And this wasn't a case of just moving the needle by a few degrees. With 8,666 sales during May 2014, the Compass topped its volume from the same month last year by a surprisingly steep 64 percent. As for how the 2014 Jeep Compass fits into the industry as a whole, its May sales numbers exceeded those for vehicles ranging from the Ford Fiesta to the Nissan Pathfinder
On the other hand—and this shows the overall strength of the Jeep division—the Compass actually was outsold by nearly every other brand mate, and the entire lineup enjoyed double-digit advances except for the new Jeep Cherokee, which wasn't at dealerships in May of 2013. Consider last month's leaderboard for the brand:
- Jeep Wrangler—19,235 sales, up 18 percent to set an all-time monthly sales record
- Jeep Grand Cherokee—18,068 sales, up 13 percent
- Jeep Cherokee—15,992 sales that marked a new monthly high point for the "Cherokee" name
- Jeep Compass—8,666 sales, up 64 percent (all-time sales record)
- Jeep Patriot—8,242 sales, up 24 percent to set an all-time sales record for May
Jeep sold 70,203 new vehicles last month as a result of all that action, expanding volume by 58 percent, leading the Chrysler Group in both volume and growth rate, and setting its third consecutive all-time monthly sales record.
You may also be interested in...
2014 Jeep Compass Leads Brand to All-time Sales Record
2014 Jeep Patriot and Compass Go to Contest Winners
2014 Jeep Compass 4x4 Limited Test Drive & Compact Crossover SUV Video Review
Autobytel's Top 10 Scariest Cars
Breaking News: Six-day Jeep Celebration Is Worth $500 in Bonus Cash
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT Launch Control Demo