2014 GMC Sierra Denali Tops Light-duty Leaderboard for Power
Optional V8 Delivers 420 HP and 450 Lb.-Ft. of Twist
Although GMC’s Denali lineup is probably best known for its premium features and style, the 2014 GMC Sierra Denali will reach a major capabilities benchmark: With its available 6.2-liter V8—from GM’s new EcoTec3 engine family—the Professional Grade pickup is expected to be the most powerful light-duty pickup in America.
The tale of the tape here: 420 hp and 450 lb.-ft. of torque, which also will give the 2014 GMC Sierra Denali a best-in-segment maximum trailering capacity of 12,000 lbs.
Of course, the truck will continue to set the pace in terms of light-duty luxury, too; on its long list of standard content are:
- Denali-exclusive style enhancers, like a signature chrome grille, 20-inch chrome wheels, LED accent lighting, model-specific cabin trim that includes real aluminum accents, and a polished stainless-steel exhaust outlet
- GMC’s IntelliLink connectivity and infotainment technology with eight-inch touchscreen, navigation, Bluetooth capabilities and five USB ports
- Up-scale cabin appointments such as heated and cooled front leather bucket seats
- Available Z71 Off-Road Package, sunroof and rear-seat entertainment system
- An optional Driver Alert Package with lane-departure warning, forward-collision alert, and GM’s patented and award-winning Safety Alert Seat Technology
(Note: The standard powertrain in the 2014 GMC Sierra Denali is another all-new EcoTec3 V8, in this case one that displaces 5.3 liters, makes 355 hp, and delivers best-in-class fuel economy of 23 mpg highway.)
“The 2014 Sierra Denali has a combination of performance, capability and luxury that no other pickup can match,” said Tony DiSalle, vice president of GMC Marketing. “It leaves no boxes unchecked for those owners looking for the ultimate expression of ‘Professional Grade.’”
Customers can look for the 2014 GMC Sierra Denali to hit dealerships this fall.