In an aggressive move to help the 2014 Fiat 500L get off to a fast start in the marketplace—something the now-popular Fiat 500 was unable to accomplish—the brand is launching the former with some $1,700 worth of complimentary upgrades on all models but the entry choice. And that one, the 2014 Fiat 500L Pop, will go on sale in June for just $19,100—while offering standard features like:
- A 1.4-liter 4-cylinder engine that relies on turbocharging and MultiAir technology to deliver 160 hp and a notable 180 lb.-ft. of torque
- Fiat’s Euro Twin Clutch six-speed automatic transmission
- Uconnect 5.0 infotainment/connectivity technology, boasting a 5-inch touchscreen, hands-free calling, Bluetooth audio streaming, six audio speakers,a text-message reader, USB and auxiliary inputs
- Interior amenities like air conditioning, a multi-function steering wheel, leather and chrome cabin accents, and power windows and locks
- A sport suspension with Koni’s frequency-selective-damping system
- High-fashion good looks, accented by a stainless-steel exhaust tip, black exterior mirror caps, 16-inch wheels and chrome-accented wheel covers
Of course, the big differentiator here is the bigger size of the 2014 Fiat 500L. Coming in at 167.1 inches in length, the 500L is about 28 inches longer than the 500 proper, allowing it to offer 42 percent more interior volume. In fact, with a combined 120.1 cubic feet available, the 2014 Fiat 500L provides the biggest cabin in the segment, enhanced by the only second-row seats in the segment that can be adjusted fore and aft; they also recline and can tumble forward for added versatility.
Optional: A Beats sound system that packs a 6.5-inch subwoofer in a trunk-mounted enclosure and boasts an eight-channel amp with the Beats Audio digital sound-processing algorithm.
“The all-new Fiat 500L expands the reach of the FIAT brand in North America, appealing to customers who like the contemporary Italian style of the Fiat 500 but need more space and functionality to match their lifestyle needs,” said Jason Stoicevich, head of FIAT Brand North America. “The Fiat 500L offers the whole package, with best-in-class interior space, class-leading horsepower, exclusive technology features and the style that only Italians can create.”?
As for those other models and that complimentary Premier Package … .