2014 Dodge Journey Going Down to the Crossroad
High-value Crossover Gets New Appearance Package
If you visit the upcoming Chicago Auto Show and go looking for the 2014 Dodge Journey, you'll soon come to an important Crossroad: A new Journey variant created to bring a jolt of style to one of the most affordable midsize crossovers in the country. Of course, with the 2014 Dodge Journey Crossroad starting at $24,995—more than $5K above the starter model—the new version no longer offers quite the high-value proposition as before. But it does include:
- Standard three-row seating (the entry 2014 Dodge Journey is a two-row model)
- Custom Crossroad front and rear style enhancements, complemented by a Gloss Black grille, fog-lamp surrounds and taillamps bezels; Platinum Chrome roof rails, side sills and front and rear fascia accents; and an exclusive "Crossroad" tailgate badge
- 19-inch aluminum wheels with a Hyper Black finish and five-spoke design
- Eight available exterior colors—Pitch Black, Bright Silver Metallic, White, Copperhead Pearl, Fathom Blue Pearl, Granite Crystal Metallic, Pearl White Tri-coat and Redline Red 2-coat Pearl
- Standard black-leather seating accented by athletic mesh inserts, a leather-wrapped steering wheel and shift knob, and a new "Liquid Graphite" finish that is used for the instrument panel, gauge cluster, center controls, door pulls and steering-wheel trim
- The Chrysler Group's award-winning Uconnect system with 8.4-inch touchscreen
Drivers of the 2014 Dodge Journey Crossroad then can choose from either a 2.4-liter four-cylinder engine that delivers 173 hp, 166 lb.-ft. of torque and 26 mpg highway or the 3.6-liter Pentastar V6 that makes 283 hp and 260 lb.-ft. of torque, yet still manages 25 mpg highway.
All-wheel drive is available as well.
Said Tim Kuniskis, president and CEO of the Dodge Brand, "The Journey has always been Dodge's Swiss Army knife in the CUV segment, and with the new Journey Crossroad, we are expanding that flexibility by now offering three different exterior appearances. The Journey Crossroad's rugged styling gives it a tough presence on the road; the available all-wheel drive system gives it the capability to back it up in a variety of bad weather driving conditions.”