Fresh from a record-setting sales year in 2013, the 2014 Dodge Journey will look to continue its marketplace momentum by offering both all-wheel drive and a V6 engine on its SE model, with a price of admission of $24,895. That makes it one of the most affordable V6-powered AWD vehicles in America, and by adding Dodge's "Flexible Seating Group" for $1,300, the Journey becomes literally the least-expensive seven-seat, V6-powered, all-wheel-drive entry in America, at $26,195.
Of course, it does help matters that the 2014 Dodge Journey is the only mainstream entry in its class to offer that configuration, but it still lowers the cost of an AWD Journey by $1,800, and that certainly won't hurt sales.
Regardless of whether its ordered with two or three rows, the latest Journey model comes standard with:
- A multiple-award-winning Pentastar V6 engine capable of making 283 hp and 260 lb.-ft. of torque
- Intelligent AWD that sends all power to the front wheels for enhanced efficiency, but automatically engages when added grip is necessary
- Uconnect Media technology with 4.3-inch screen and six audio speakers
- Steering-wheel-mounted cruise and audio controls
- Premium cloth seating
- Dual-zone temperature control
- The Chrysler Group's "Keyless Enter 'n Go" system with push-button start
- Style cues like LED tail lamps and interior accent lighting, black roof rails, door-sill scuff pads, 17-inch wheels and premium instrument cluster
It's also worth noting that the AWD system offered on the 2014 Dodge Journey comes with only a minor hit to the vehicle's EPA marks: The front-wheel-drive V6 model is rated at 17 mpg city/25 mpg highway/19 mpg combined, and that goes to 16/24/19 with all-wheel drive.
The 2014 Dodge Journey SE with V6 and AWD is arriving in dealerships now.
You may also be interested in...
New 2014 Dodge Journey Crossroad: 2014 Chicago Auto Show
2014 Dodge Journey Going Down to the Crossroad
2015 Dodge Journey, Durango Honored with Active Lifestyle Awards
2013 Dodge Journey Road Test and Review
2013 Dodge Journey: America’s No. 1 Sport Utility Value?
10 Things You Need To Know About The 2014 Subaru Forester