Mercedes Lane Keeping Assist is a lane departure warning system available on some Mercedes automobiles. The system uses a camera mounted near the top of the windshield that sends data to a control unit. The control unit locates the road lines and determines the position of your vehicle. When the system detects that the car is unintentionally leaving its lane it will warn the driver by vibrating the steering wheel. The system gives an earlier warning when it detects that you are crossing a solid (rather than broken) line. The Lane Keeping Assist system is smart enough to realize when the driver is intentionally leaving their lane, for example while accelerating or braking.
- 2015 Chevy Silverado 1500 Brings 8-Speed Auto to GM Full-size Trucks
- 2014 Kia Soul Again Honored for International Design Excellence
- Video: 2015 Dodge Challenger HellCat Muscle Car
- 2015 Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat Muscle Coupe First Drive
- 2014 Mercedes-Benz CLA-Class vs. Five Used Luxury Competitors
comments powered by Disqus