Volvo vehicles carry a new vehicle warranty that also covers the powertrain. Volvos also carry lengthy rust and battery warranties. The warranties are transferable to new owners with no cost for the transfer.
- The new vehicle, bumper-to-bumper warranty covers repairs that are needed because of workmanship or materials that are defective. It does not include items damaged in an accident or misuse. The coverage is in effect for four years or 50,000 miles for vehicles that are not used as commercial vehicles. Commercial vehicles are covered by this warranty for one year or 15,000 miles. The power train components are covered under this policy.
- Service adjustments that are needed in order to perform mechanical adjustments are covered for one year or 12,000 miles. This does not cover adjustments that require parts to be replaced. However, there are several exceptions, including: wiper blades, system batteries, clutch lining, remote keyless entry, brake pads, rotors and navigation.
- The battery that is original to the vehicle is covered for four years or 50,000 miles on a prorated scale during that period. The cost of parts and labor are covered 100 percent for the first two years. The cost of labor and 50 percent of the cost of parts are covered for the third year. During the fourth year, 100 percent of the labor costs are covered and 25 percent of the parts cost is covered.
- The tires are not covered under the Volvo warranty. The tire manufacturer issues the tire warranty.
- The seatbelts and airbags are covered against any defective materials or workmanship for five years with no mileage limitations during that period.
- Volvo offers extended warranties under its Volvo Increased Protection Plan. There are varying levels of coverage available, up toÂ seven years or aÂ 100,000 mile policy.
- Volvo On Call Roadside Assistance is covered for four years with no mileage limitation. This service covers towing in the event of a breakdown during the warranty period and tows the vehicle to the closest Volvo dealer. It also covers some emergency roadside services 24 hours a day, such as assistance for lockouts, winching, changing a flat tire, a jump start, delivery of fuel in an emergency, and reimbursement for expenses incurred by a trip interrupted by a vehicle breakdown. It also provides a trip routing service, locates Volvo dealers and a question and answer service.
- The rust warranty covers the vehicle for 12 years with no mileage restrictions. This coverage provides repairs to or replacement of the body panels if they are perforated by rust. To be eligible, the rust must form a hole through the body from the result of faulty manufacturer or materials.
- Volvo accessories are under warranty for four years or 50,000 miles. To be eligible for the warranty, the accessories must be purchased from a Volvo dealer and installed there at the same time as the purchase of the vehicle. If the accessory is purchased later, it will be covered for either one year or for the balance of the new vehicle warranty, whichever period is longer.
You may also be interested in...
5 Safe Alternatives to Putting a Car Seat on Top of the Shopping Cart
9 Things to Know Before Going Car Seat Shopping
10 Cheap Non-Hybrid Cars That Get 40-MPG
10 Most Iconic Cars With Pop-Up Headlights
The Top 10 Best and Worst Car Seat Laws in America
8 Common Things New Parents Don't Know About Car Seats