Page 1 of 2
- The bumper-to-bumper policy is a basic policy that covers the entire vehicle except for items that are replaced during routine maintenance and the parts that will wear out from normal use of the vehicle.
- The basic warranty is in effect for 30,000 miles or 36 months and covers all components other than regular maintenance items and normal wear items. Â
- The power train warranty is in effect for five years or 60,000 miles. It includes coverage for specific parts of the front-wheel drive, the engine, rear-wheel drive, the transaxle/transmission, air bags and all seatbelts.
- With the power train warranty, the internal engine parts such as the gears and bearings are covered. It does not cover consumable components such as belts and hoses.
- The rust warranty is for five years with no limitation on mileage. The policy covers rust damage that perforates through the sheet metal of the vehicle. Rust that does not eat completely through the sheet metal is not included in the coverage.
- Hybrid vehicles have a separate warranty on their hybrid-related parts. These include the battery control module, the inverter, the hybrid control module and the HV battery. These components are under warranty for eight years or 100,000 miles. In some cases, the warranty of the HV battery may be longer. Some areas require a longer warranty for this item.
- Accessories are covered under the Toyota Accessory Warranty. These are covered for the full three year or 36,000 mile period of the basic warranty policy if the accessories were purchased at the same time as the vehicle. If the accessories were purchased later, the coverage is either the remainder of that warranty period or one year with unlimited mileage, whichever period is longer.
- Car covers are not included in the accessories warranty. They are covered for one year with no mileage limit. They are not covered by the basic vehicle warranty.
- Parts related to the emissions regulations of the vehicle are under warranty two years or 24,000 miles and three years or 50,000 miles in California. The engine control component and the catalytic converter are covered for eight years or 80,000 miles.
- If the vehicle must be left overnight for repairs on parts under warranty, transportation assistance will be provided. The type of assistance that is offered will vary. Each Toyota dealer has its own courtesy transportation program.
- An adjustment warranty covers a few specific service adjustments for three years or 36,000 miles. Wheel alignments and balancing can each be performed once during the first year or 20,000 miles.
The Toyota Prius has a separate maintenance service policy. It receives five free services performed. These are each performed at 7,500 miles or six month intervals.
- Several extended power train warranties are available from Toyota for varying periods of time.
- A supplemental warranty for tires is offered by Toyota for three years or 36,000 miles. It covers premature wear of the tires. Otherwise, the tires are covered under the tire manufacturer's warranty.
More Articles Like This
Page 2 of 2