Page 1 of 2
Suzuki has a lengthy power train warranty that is fully transferable to new owners with no cost for the transfer. It also has a battery warranty and a comprehensive policy for courtesy transportation.
- The power train warranty covers specific power train components for seven years or 100,000 miles. There is no deductible for any repairs covered under the power train warranty. The power train components include engine, transmission and drive system parts.
- The Suzuki New Vehicle Limited Warranty is in effect for three years or 36,000 miles. This bumper-to-bumper policy covers all of the components that were supplied by the company with no deductibles. The policy covers any defects in the workmanship of the components or in their materials. It does not cover items that wear out because of normal use of the car or for items that are damaged in an accident. Items damaged by inclement weather or misuse and items that are stolen are also not covered under this warranty.
- Towing is covered for the same period as the new vehicle warranty. The vehicle will be towed to the closest Suzuki dealership whenever the vehicle breaks down because of parts that are under warranty.
- The battery warranty covers the vehicle's original battery for two years or 24,000 miles. It covers the complete costs of the new battery and the labor costs to replace the battery.
- An adjustment warranty is in effect for items that need adjustment during the first year or 12,000 miles. If the adjustment requires a replacement part, it is not covered. The adjustments that are covered include suspension and wheel adjustments.
- A rust warranty covers perforation of the sheet metal body panels by rust. It is in effect for three years with no limitation on the number of miles. Surface corrosion that does not perforate the sheet metal is not covered.
- Tires are not covered under Suzuki warranty, but they come with a warranty from their manufacturer.
- Suzuki accessories are covered for one year with unlimited mileage or by the remainder of the three year, 36,000 mile new vehicle warranty, whichever time period is longer.
- Replacement parts are covered under a separate warranty. Any replacement parts installed on the vehicle are covered for one year. There is no restriction of mileage for this coverage.
- If the vehicle is kept for repairs overnight because it is illegal or unsafe to operate, or because it is inoperable, Suzuki will provide a courtesy vehicle. This coverage is in effect for the duration of the new vehicle warranty. The courtesy vehicle will be provided through Enterprise Rent-A-Car for as long as five days.
- Roadside assistance is covered for three years or 36,000 miles. It is available every day of the year, 24 hours a day during the warranty period. The service includes service for lockouts, flat tires, dead batteries and towing for mechanical problems. The towing service tows the vehicle to the closest Suzuki dealer or to a service center authorized by Suzuki.
More Articles Like This
Page 2 of 2