Subaru offers warranties comparable to other vehicle companies, including a bumper-to bumper warranty and separate power train coverage. It also offers an extensive safety restraint policy unmatched by most companies. The warranties are transferable to new owners with no cost, but Subaru must be notified in writing of the transfer by the new owner.
- The bumper-to-bumper warranty covers most of the vehicle's components for three years or 36,000 miles. It does not include parts that are expected to wear out during normal usage of the vehicle or parts that are damaged by the elements, accidents or misuse.
- The vehicle will be towed to the closest Subaru dealership if it breaks down because of a part under warranty. This coverage is extended for the same period as the bumper-to-bumper warranty. If the vehicle breaks down farther than 75 miles from the closest Subaru dealer, small repairs can be made at another shop and reimbursed.
- An extended warranty, Added Security, is available for purchase from Subaru.
- An adjustment warranty covers the vehicle for items that may need adjustments, such as the wheels, tires or the suspension system. This policy is in effect for three years or 36,000 miles.
- A rust warranty covers the vehicle against holes from rust. To be eligible for this coverage, the holes must be in the sheet metal panels of the body and the holes must originate from the inside and go all the way through to the outside of the vehicle. Surface rust is not included. This coverage is in effect for five years with no limitation of mileage.
- The exclusions to the rust warranty include: the floor pan, rust caused by altering the body of the vehicle, rust that occurs due to paint damage from road debris, rust that is caused by improper maintenance of the vehicle or abuse of the body panels, rust that is caused by tree sap, rust caused by being submerged in water. It also excludes any replacement body panels from the warranty.
- The powertrain warranty is in effect for five years or 60,000 miles.
- The powertrain warranty covers the internal parts of the engine, transaxle and differential, as well as the major components such as: the engine block, the cylinder heads, manifolds, torque converter, oil seals, timing belts, transaxle case, propeller shaft, oil pump, flywheel, oil pan and the electronic transmission control unit.
- The tires are warranted by the manufacturer and do not fall under any Subaru warranties.
- The Seat Belt Lifetime Limited Warranty covers all of the seat belts for the entire life of the vehicle with no year or mileage limitations. Cosmetic problems with the seat belts are not covered by the warranty.
- The Wear Item Limited Warranty is in effect for three years or 36,000 miles. This covers items that are expected to wear out from ordinary usage of the vehicle. This includes the clutch disk linings, the brake show linings, the brake pads and the wiper blades.