- The bumper-to-bumper warranty is in effect for three years or 36,000 miles. This covers the vehicle for defective materials or poor workmanship. It does not cover any items that were misused, damaged in a vehicle accident or altered with aftermarket accessories.
- The tires are not covered by this warranty or any of the vehicle's warranties. They come with their own warranty that is covered by the tire manufacturer.
- When the vehicle is being repaired for anything that is still under this warranty, towing to the closest Scion dealership is covered for the full term of the bumper-to-bumper warranty period.
- There is an extended warranty, called Added Security, available for purchase.
- The rust warranty is in effect for five years. There is no limitation on the number of miles in this warranty. The coverage is for rust that causes the body to develop holes due to rust. Defects in the paint are not covered under this warranty. They fall under the bumper-to-bumper coverage.
- The power train warranty is in effect for five years or 60,000 miles. This covers the vehicle's engine, the front and rear wheel drive, transmission, airbags and seatbelts.
- The engine parts covered under the warranty include: the cylinder block, flywheel, engine mounts, engine control computer, supercharger housing, fuel pump, turbocharger, the oil pump and pan, housing, cylinder head, valve covers and all of the engine's internal parts.
- The transaxle and transmission parts that are covered include: the gaskets, seals, engine control computer, torque converter, transmission mounts, transaxle and transmission case, transfer case and all of the internal components.
- The front-wheel drive parts covered under the power train warranty include: the drive shafts, final drive housing, axle shafts, front hub, gaskets, seals, bearings, and all of the internal components.
- The rear-wheel drive parts covered include: the propeller shafts, axle shafts, supports, bearings, gaskets, seals, axle housing, U-joints and all of the internal parts.
- For any Scion sold in Kansas and registered there, the seatbelts are covered for 10 years with unlimited mileage during that period.
- If a Scion must stay overnight for warranty-covered repairs, Scion will arrange for an alternate form of transportation. The type of transportation provided will vary from dealer to dealer. In some cases it may include reimbursement for travel expenses, a loaner car or some other form of transportation.
- Wheel balancing and alignment are covered for one year or 20,000 miles.
- Scion accessories that are purchased at the same time as the vehicle purchase are covered for three years or 36,000 miles. If the accessories are purchased after the vehicle is purchased, the warranty on those accessories is one year with no mileage limitation during that year, or, if there is more than one year left on the three year vehicle warranty, the accessories are covered for that amount of time.
- Car covers are covered for one year under a separate warranty and do not revert to the vehicle warranty.
You may also be interested in...
2017 Toyota RAV4 Road Test and Review
10 Best Hybrid Cars for the Money
10 Things You Need to Know About the All-New 2017 Kia Niro Hybrid Crossover
10 Things You Need to Know About the 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee
10 Things You Need to Know About the 2017 Land Rover Discovery
2017 Geneva Auto Show Mega Photo Gallery
- Scion Warranty