- The bumper-to-bumper warranty is in effect for three years or 36,000 miles. This warranty covers most of the vehicle's components for any defects in the materials or from poor workmanship. The warranty covers the costs of both parts and labor. There is no deductible for this coverage. It does not cover items that are expected to wear out during the normal use of the car or for items that are damaged in an accident or through improper use of the car or any of its parts.
- The power train warranty is in effect for five years or 100,000 miles. This policy covers specific components of the engine, transmission and drive systems.
- The engine parts covered under this warranty include: the timing gears, flywheel, oil pan, cylinder head, engine mount, gaskets and seals, supercharger, timing chain, water pump, turbocharger, harmonic balancer and all of the engine's internal, lubricated components. The timing belts are also under warranty until the vehicle's first session of scheduled maintenance.
- The transmission parts covered under the power train warranty include: the torque converter, transmission mounts, the transfer care, all gaskets and seals and all of the transmission/transaxle's lubricated internal components.
- The drive system components covered by the power train coverage include: The axle shafts, axle bearings, rear hub bearings, front hub bearings, propeller shafts, locking hubs, wheel bearings, the constant velocity joints, the front differential actuator, the final drive housing and all of the drive system's lubricated internal components.
- If the vehicle is having repairs done on a part under warranty, Saturn covers the cost of alternative transportation. This may be a loaner car or a reimbursement for travel expenses. Roadside assistance is offered for five years or 100,000 miles. This coverage includes services for a variety of roadside emergencies. This includes changing a flat tire, locksmith services during a lockout, delivery of fuel for a vehicle that has run out and other emergency services.
- The corrosion warranty covers the vehicle against holes that eat through the body of the vehicle or through any parts made from sheet metal. There are no rust inspections or special rust inhibitors required for this coverage to stay in effect.
- A paint warranty is in effect for one year or 12,000 miles. This warranty covers against any discoloration that forms in the paint because of air pollutants. These may cause small, round areas of discoloration or small, dark spots that become etched into the paint from pollution.
- The tires are not covered by Saturn. They come with a warranty from their manufacturer.
- The Saturn warranties are transferable to any new owners. There is no cost to transfer the warranty.
- The Design and Defect Warranty covers emission control components for two years or 24,000 miles. These components include the oxygen sensor, the catalytic converter, the vapor storage canister, the ignition systems and other parts related to emissions.