The Saab warranty is comparable to the warranties offered by other companies. The company offers several lengthy warranties, including an extremely competitive battery warranty and a lengthy period of roadside assistance services.
- The bumper-to-bumper warranty is in effect for four years or 50,000 miles. This warranty covers repairs for defective parts, materials and workmanship. There is no deductible for these repairs. Parts that are damaged by misuse, aftermarket accessories or the elements are not covered.
- During the bumper-to-bumper warranty, alternative transportation will be provided by Saab when the vehicle is being repaired for repairs covered under warranty. In some cases, Saab will provide a reimbursement for the vehicle owner's transportation costs during the repair time.
- Towing is provided during the bumper-to-bumper warranty period for breakdowns that occur because of the failure of parts under warranty. In these cases, the vehicle will be towed to the closest Saab dealer.
- Adjustments that may need to be made during the first year or 16,000 miles are covered under their own warranty. This includes adjustments made to the suspension, the tires and the wheels.
- The Saab Corrosion Limited Warranty covers the vehicle for any painted part of the vehicle's body that rusts through. To qualify, the part must have a hole completely through the part. The part may be repaired or replaced, depending on the extent of the damage. This warranty is in effect for six years with no limitation on mileage.
- The original battery to the vehicle is covered with its own warranty for 50 months. The first year of the warranty covers all costs of the battery and the labor if the battery should need to be replaced. After that time, the vehicle owner must pay a percentage of the battery cost. There is no mileage limitation on this coverage.
- The tires are covered by their own warranty from the tire manufacturer.
- The Saab Seat Belt and Supplemental Restraint System Limited Warranty is a warranty that covers the seat belts and airbags against defective workmanship or installation. This coverage is in effect for five years with no mileage limitation.
- All scheduled maintenance is covered for three years or 36,000 miles. This includes the oil changes and tire rotations needed during this period.
- Wear items are covered for one year or 16,000 miles. This warranty covers the items that are expected to wear out under the normal use of the vehicle, such as the brake pads, drive belts and the windshield wiper blades.
- Roadside assistance is available to Saab owners 24 hours a day for five years or 100,000 miles. This service provides emergency help during flat tires, mechanical breakdowns, keys locked inside the vehicle, a vehicle out of fuel or a dead battery.
- All Saab warranties transfer to the subsequent owners of the vehicle. There is no cost for this transfer.
You may also be interested in...
Must-See SUVs and Crossovers at the 2015 LA Auto Show
Eye Candy at the 2015 LA Auto Show
8 Things We Learned About the 2016 Chevrolet Camaro While Finding New Roads
5 First Impressions After Driving the 2017 Jaguar XE
2016 Ford Focus Road Test & Review
2016 Chevy Camaro SS Road Trip: From Utah to Montana in the Snow