The Porsche warranties include warranties that protect against corrosion, provide for replacement parts and cover the vehicle from bumper to bumper. The warranties transfer to any subsequent owners without any transfer costs as long as the vehicle is sold by a Porsche dealer.
- The bumper-to-bumper warranty is in effect for four years or 50,000 miles. This includes repairs for items that are defective due to mistakes in workmanship or defective materials.
- Towing is available for the same coverage period for any repairs that are made on parts covered by the warranty. The towing coverage includes towing the vehicle to the closest Porsche dealer.
- The power train is covered as a part of the bumper-to-bumper policy.
- The Porsche Corrosion Limited Warranty protects against the body becoming perforated by rust. Any rust damage that eats through the body of the vehicle is covered for 10 years. There is no mileage limitation for the rust warranty.
- Replacement parts are covered by the Porsche Limited Parts and Accessories Warranty. This policy covers any components or accessories that were installed by a dealer. The replacement of the parts is covered 100 percent by this policy, as is the full cost of labor to replace them. This warranty is in place for two years and for an unlimited number of miles within that time.
- The paint is covered for three years with no limit on the number of miles during that period. This covers defects in the paint or the workmanship of the paint.
- The tires are covered under a prorated warranty. This requires the dealership to measure the tread depth of the tie and to offer a credit based on that depth. The credit is then used towers the purchase of another tire.
- Roadside assistance is provided for the full four year or 50,000 mile term of the bumper-to-bumper warranty. This service is available 24 hours a day and includes certain emergency services to Porsche drivers, including: a jump start for a battery, emergency delivery of fuel, assistance for a lock out, changing of a flat tire, emergency towing of the vehicle and extrication service after an accident.
- The roadside assistance coverage also includes trip reimbursement coverage. This compensates the driver for certain expenses related to a trip that is interrupted because of a breakdown caused by parts under warranty. The reimbursements go into effect if the breakdown occurred more than 100 miles from the driver's home, causing the driver to stay elsewhere overnight while the repairs are being made. The maximum reimbursement is $250 per day for three days. The reimbursement covers alternate transportation, lodging and meals. To be eligible, the breakdown must be from a mechanical failure and not due to a problem with the tire or the battery.
- The Federal Emission Design and Defects Warranty covers components related to the regulation of emissions. These parts are covered for two years or 24,000 miles. Some of these parts, such as the emission control unit, are covered for eight years or 80,000 miles.