Pontiac warranties include coverage for a number of years comparable to other companies' coverage periods, but the mileage allowed during the warranty period is extended far beyond that of many other companies.
- The Pontiac Powertrain Limited Warranty is in effect for five years or 100,000 miles. There is no deductible for any repair, replacement or service that is covered by this warranty. It is fully transferable to subsequent owners. It covers most vehicle components for defects in the materials or in the workmanship.
- The power train warranty covers specific parts of the engine, including: the block, cylinder head, timing chain and gears, oil housing, timing cover, turbocharger, valve covers, OHC carriers, gaskets, the oil pan, seals, the flywheel, engine mount, water pump, manifolds and all of the engines lubricated internal parts. Until the vehicle's first service for scheduled maintenance, the timing belts are covered as well.
- The transaxle and transmission parts covered under the power train coverage include: the transaxle/transmission mounts, transfer care, torque converter, transmission case, all gaskets and seals and all of the lubricated internal parts.
- The drive system components covered under this warranty include: axle shafts, locking hubs, universal joints, propeller shafts, constant velocity joints, all supports, all gaskets and seals, the final drive and axle housings, the front differential actuator, the hub bearings for the front and rear and all of the drive system's lubricated internal components.
- While the vehicle is receiving repairs for items that are still under the warranty, an alternate form of transportation is available. This is in effect for five years or 100,000 miles. This coverage includes several options for courtesy transportation, depending on the availability of specific type of alternate vehicles. The courtesy transportation may include reimbursement for expenses incurred by finding other transportation.
- Roadside assistance is covered for five years or 100,000 miles. This provides free emergency services in the event of a lockout, a dead battery, a flat tire or a vehicle that has run out of fuel. It is available 24-hours a day during the warranty period. There may be certain charges or limitations on some services, such as a limit to the amount of fuel that will be delivered or a charge for a spare tire.
- A bumper-to-bumper warranty is in effect for three years or 36,000 miles. This coverage has no deductibles due for any repairs. The warranty includes towing for repairs that are covered by the warranty. In these cases, the vehicle is towed to the closest Pontiac dealer.
- The corrosion warranty is in effect for six years or 100,000 miles. This covers the body and any components of the vehicle made of sheet metal from being rusted through. It covers the repair or replacement of components that have holes due to rust, though not items with rust damage that has not led to a hole.
- Any components that are damaged by an accident, the misuse of the components or the vehicle, improperly maintaining the vehicle or from contaminated fuel are not covered by any of the Pontiac warranties.
You may also be interested in...
Must-See SUVs and Crossovers at the 2015 LA Auto Show
Eye Candy at the 2015 LA Auto Show
8 Things We Learned About the 2016 Chevrolet Camaro While Finding New Roads
5 First Impressions After Driving the 2017 Jaguar XE
2016 Ford Focus Road Test & Review
2016 Chevy Camaro SS Road Trip: From Utah to Montana in the Snow