Nissan offers several warranties on its vehicles and there is no deductible for repairs or replacements of parts under warranty. The warranties are transferable to new owners and there is no transfer fee for the original warranties. Owners who opt for the extended warranty will have to pay transfer costs to transfer it to a new owner.
- Nissan vehicles are covered by the Nissan New Vehicle Limited Warranty for three years or 36,000 miles. This includes most vehicle components that are not otherwise covered by other Nissan warranties. Parts that are expected to wear out from normal use of the vehicle are generally not covered.
- The power train warranty is in effect for five years or 60,000 miles. This coverage includes repair and replacement of components of the engine and the transmission, transaxle, drivetrain.
- The engine components covered by the power train warranty include: the cylinder heads, rocker covers, fuel pump, timing chain, the oil pan, valve train, oil pump, exhaust and intake manifolds, fly wheel, gaskets, seals and all internal parts.
- The covered transmission and transaxle components include the torque converter, the transmission case, the gaskets, seals, electronic transmission controls, the transfer case and all internal parts.
- The drivetrain components covered under this warranty include the final drive housing, propeller shafts, drive shafts, universal joints, all gaskets, seals and bearings and all internal parts.
- The airbags and the electronic control parts related to the airbags are also covered under the power train warranty.
- The seatbelts are covered under their own, separate warranty for 10 years. There is no mileage limit for this coverage.
- The warranties have no deductible. All repairs and replacements of parts affected by defective workmanship or materials is covered 100 percent during the warranty period.
- Towing is covered for three years or 36,000 miles for circumstances in which a part under warranty has caused a breakdown.
- A rental car is not provided while the vehicle is being serviced.
- Repairs for items under warranty must be done y a Nissan dealer in order to be covered. In certain circumstances, Nissan can offer reimbursement for emergency repairs that were conducted elsewhere.
- The Nissan corrosion warranty provides coverage for any rust-through areas that develop on the sheet metal of the vehicle's body. This protection is in effect for five years with no maximum mileage requirement.
- The original battery of the vehicle is covered under warranty for three years or 36,000 miles. The first year of this warranty provides 100 percent of the cost of a replacement battery. The second year provides 50 percent of the cost of the batter. The third year covered 25 percent of the cost of the battery. In all cases, the cost of labor is covered 100 percent.
- Adjustments are covered for one year or 12,000 miles. This includes wheel alignment and other adjustments that do not require repair or replacement of parts under warranty.
- Refrigerant recharge is covered for one year with no mileage limitation.
You may also be interested in...
10 Reasons Why the 2016 Chevrolet Volt is the 2016 Autobytel Car of the Year
2016 Autobytel Car and Truck of the Year Awards
2016 Top Pick for Parents – And it Isn’t a Minivan!
2017 Hyundai Elantra First Drive
2016 Toyota RAV4 and Toyota RAV4 Hybrid First Drive and Review
10 Things You Need to Know About the 2017 Hyundai Elantra