Mitsubishi has several warranties that cover different aspects of the vehicle, including a lengthy power train warranty and a highly-competitive bumper-to-bumper warranty. Most of the Mitsubishi vehicles have the same basic warranty coverage, but the Lancer Evolution and Raider have slightly different coverage.
- A bumper-to-bumper warranty covers Mitsubishi vehicles for five years or 60,000 miles. This coverage includes most of the vehicle's components from defective materials and poor workmanship.
- Mitsubishi offers a power train warranty for 10 years or 100,000 miles. This policy covers engine, transmission and drive system components. It is only in effect for the full warranty period for the first owner of the vehicle. All subsequent owners are covered by 5 years or 60,000 miles.
- The bumper-to-bumper warranty is transferable at no cost.
- The restraint system is covered under the bumper-to-bumper warranty. This includes the seat belts and airbags.
- Towing of the vehicle is covered if the breakdown is related to parts that are under the bumper-to-bumper warranty or the power train warranty. The towing coverage is in effect for five years. There is no mileage limitation on this coverage.
- Adjustments to the vehicle are covered for one year or 12,000 miles. This includes adjustments that may be needed due to manufacturing defects.
- The Mitsubishi Anti-Corrosion/Perforation Limited Warranty covers the vehicle against any holes in the metal body of the vehicle by rust. Paint damage due to rust is not covered unless the rust eats completely through the panel. This coverage is in effect for seven years or 100,000 miles.
- Roadside assistance is covered for five years with no limitation on the vehicle mileage.
- The battery is covered under warranty for three years with no mileage limitation. This warranty covers the replacement of a battery that is defective. For the first two years, 100 percent of the replacement costs are covered. For the third years, 50 percent of the cost of the battery is covered while 100 percent of the labor is covered.
- Bulbs, audio optic parts and navigation parts are covered for three years or 36,000 miles. This includes replacement for any defective components.
- The vehicle's air conditioner refrigerant charge is under warranty for one year or 12,000 miles. After the warranty has ended, the refrigerant charge is covered as a part of the bumper-to-bumper warranty if the needed repairs fit under the warranty specifications.
- The tires are covered by a separate warranty from the manufacturer of the tires.
- An extended warranty is available from Mitsubishi. The Triple Diamond Protection Plan is an optional program that extends the length of the warranties.
- The Lancer Evolution has different warranty periods from the other Mitsubishi vehicle models. Its bumper-to-bumper coverage is for three years or 36,000 miles. Its power train warranty is for five years or 60,000 miles.
- The Raider has a five year or 60,000 mile bumper-to-bumper warranty, but it has no separate power train warranty. The power train parts are covered under the basic warranty.
You may also be interested in...
Must-See SUVs and Crossovers at the 2015 LA Auto Show
Eye Candy at the 2015 LA Auto Show
8 Things We Learned About the 2016 Chevrolet Camaro While Finding New Roads
5 First Impressions After Driving the 2017 Jaguar XE
2016 Ford Focus Road Test & Review
2016 Chevy Camaro SS Road Trip: From Utah to Montana in the Snow