Mercury vehicles are covered by several warranties, including a power train policy and bumper-to-bumper coverage. There are separate warranties in place for diesel engines and the Mercury Mariner Hybrid. Here are the standard warranty features for the rest of the Mercury models:
- A bumper-to-bumper warranty covers the vehicle for three years or 36,000 miles. This coverage includes repair or replacement for parts and materials that are defective or that have been damaged by poor workmanship. This warranty does not cover items that are expected to wear out due to normal use or items that are damaged because of misuse, accidents or adverse environmental conditions.
- A power train warranty is in effect for five years or 60,000 miles. This coverage is in effect for the transmission, the engine, and the front-wheel and rear-wheel drives.
- An emissions defect warranty is in effect for three years or 36,000 miles for cars and light duty trucks. It is five years or 50,000 miles for heavy duty vehicles and five years or 100,000 miles for diesel engines.
- An emissions performance warranty is in effect for cars and light duty trucks for two years or 24,000 miles, for heavy duty vehicles for five years or 50,000 miles and for diesel engines for five years or 100,000 miles.
- The seat belts and airbags are covered by a safety restraint system warranty for five years or 60,000 miles.
- The mercury corrosion warranty covers the sheet metal parts of the vehicle's body against being corroded by rust for the first five years after the sale of the vehicle. There is no mileage limitation on the corrosion coverage. The warranty covers perforations in the panels due to rust. It does not cover any rust corrosion that does not penetrate the sheet metal body. To be eligible for this coverage, the perforation must be caused during the normal use of the car and it must be due to either a defect in the panels or other materials or in the workmanship done at the factory.
- The Mercury Mariner hybrid has its own extra warranty to cover certain components of the vehicle. These include the parts that are unique to hybrid vehicles. The high-voltage battery, CC/DC converter, and the continuously variable transmission are all covered under this plan for 96 months or 100,000 miles. This coverage is in addition to the other warranties given to all Mercury vehicles. The emissions system also has its own warranty in addition to the other plans.
- The Mariner Hybrid is also covered by roadside assistance for five years or 60,000 miles. This coverage includes free use of emergency roadside services in the event of a breakdown. These services include changing a flat tire, getting fuel delivered in the case of a vehicle running out of gas, a jump start for a dead battery and help getting into a vehicle in the case of a lock out.
- In some states, the hybrid battery is covered by a Hybrid Battery Limited Warranty for 10 year or 150,000 miles. Those states include: Maine, Vermont, New York, California and Massachusetts.
You may also be interested in...
10 Reasons Why the 2016 Honda Pilot is the 2016 Autobytel Truck of the Year
10 Reasons Why the 2016 Chevrolet Volt is the 2016 Autobytel Car of the Year
2016 Autobytel Car and Truck of the Year Awards
2016 Top Pick for Parents – And it Isn’t a Minivan!
2017 Hyundai Elantra First Drive
2016 Toyota RAV4 and Toyota RAV4 Hybrid First Drive and Review