Mercedes-Benz warranties are slightly shorter than many luxury brands, but the bumper-to-bumper coverage is comprehensive and has few exclusions. There is also one main warranty that covers most of the components and systems on the vehicle instead of a separate bumper-to-bumper warranty and power train warranty as with many companies. This makes the Mercedes warranty details far simpler than with programs that include three or four different warranties of differing lengths.
- The Mercedes-Benz New Car Limited Warranty is in effect for four years or 50,000 miles. This warranty includes coverage for the repair or the replacement of items that have defects in the material or in the workmanship. Items that become damaged because of vehicle accidents, owner negligence or are damaged because of misuse are not covered by this warranty.
- The New Car Limited Warranty covers accessories and equipment that is supplied or manufactured by the company.
- The warranty includes the tires that are supplied with the vehicle. Like the other components, the warranty covers the tires in case of a defect or an error in workmanship. It does not cover damage done to the tires by road hazards, wear or accidents.
- Damage done by rust is covered by the warranty. This does not cover areas of rust that do not penetrate through a body panel. In the event of a hole eaten by rust that is caused by a deficiency in the body panel or its workmanship, the panel will be repaired or replaced.
- Towing is provides by Mercedes Benz for any breakdowns during the warranty period that are caused by parts that are under warranty. There is no limit to the number of miles that the vehicle can be towed. This coverage includes the vehicle being towed to the closest Mercedes dealer.
- The warranty is transferable to all subsequent owners of the vehicle as long as the warranty is still in effect. There is no charge to transfer the warranty to a new owner.
- The first required maintenance services are covered by the warranty. This service must be completed within the vehicle's initial 3,000 miles. This service includes only the services that are recommended by the owner's manual. Any further services are not covered but can be purchased separately.
- The first tire rotation must be performed before 6,500 miles by an authorized Mercedes-Benz Center. Not performing the tire rotations when needed may void the tire warranty coverage.
- Every Mercedes has lifetime roadside assistance coverage. This coverage has no mileage limitation in effect. There are several services that are carried out for free as a part of this warranty and additional services are provided for an extra charge. The free services include the delivery of fuel if the vehicle has run out, the replacement of a flat tire if the driver has a spare tire available and a jump start performed on the vehicle's dead battery. Other services are available from roadside assistance, such as the replacement of a battery, but the services carry a service fee as well as the cost of the materials and services. A higher charge is in effect for these services performed from 12 to 7 a.m.
You may also be interested in...
10 Reasons Why the 2016 Chevrolet Volt is the 2016 Autobytel Car of the Year
2016 Autobytel Car and Truck of the Year Awards
2016 Top Pick for Parents – And it Isn’t a Minivan!
2017 Hyundai Elantra First Drive
2016 Toyota RAV4 and Toyota RAV4 Hybrid First Drive and Review
10 Things You Need to Know About the 2017 Hyundai Elantra