Mazda offers a relatively short bumper-to-bumper warranty but offers a competitive and comprehensive power train warranty. Both warranties are transferable to subsequent owners while they are still in effect.
- The Mazda bumper-to-bumper coverage is in effect for three years or 36,000 miles. The warranty does not cover maintenance services for the vehicle or the replacement of any items that are normally replaced due to wear and tear.
- The power train warranty is in effect for five years or 60,000 miles. This warranty covers many components of the front and rear drive systems, the transaxle and transmission.
- Mazda accessories are covered by the same warranty conditions as the rest of the vehicle. Accessories must be installed correctly to be covered under the warranty, and installation by a dealer is recommended but not required.
- The brakes are covered by their own warranty. This coverage includes the brake shoes and brake pads and the coverage extends for the lifetime of the vehicle. This warranty is not transferable to new owners. The new shoes and pads are covered under the warranty, but the labor costs for installing them is not included in the coverage.
- Batteries are covered under the Mazda High-Performance Replacement Battery Warranty. The coverage extends for five years with the amount of coverage declining during that period. For the first three years, the cost of a replacement battery and the labor to install it are free. From 37 to 48 months, 30 percent of the part and labor costs are covered by the warranty. For months 49 through 60, 20 percent of those costs are covered.
- A replacement battery will not be covered if the battery is installed improperly or if the recharging was improperly done. It also will not cover costs if the battery is damaged because of misuse, freezing, vehicle accidentsÂ or if the battery is stolen.
- Under the power train warranty, the engine components covered include: the cylinder head and block, the timing gears, flywheel, the oil pan and pump, the intake and exhaust manifolds, the water pump and water gasket, the fuel pump, thermostat, all gaskets, engine mounts, all seals, valve covers, supercharger housing, turbocharger housing, timing chain, timing belt front cover and all lubricated parts located internally.
- The warranty covers the following components of the transaxle and transmission: The torque converter, transmission mounts, transfer case, transmission case, the transmission control module, the clutch pressure plate and all of the internal parts.
- The rear/front drive system parts that are included under the power train coverage include: The rear axle housing, the internal lubricated parts of that housing, the universal joints, the drive shafts, all seals and gaskets, constant velocity joints, the final drive housing all of the drive housing's lubricated parts housed internally.
- For four-wheel-drive transaxles, the front wheel hubs and the bearings are covered. For rear-wheel-drive and all-wheel-drive vehicles, the propeller shaft is covered. For 4x4 vehicles, the manual and automatic hubs are covered. The rear axle or hub bearings are covered for rear-wheel-drive and all-wheel-drive vehicles only.