Lincoln offers several warranties for its vehicles, including a lengthy power train warranty and a separate safety restraint warranty.
- Lincoln has a bumper-to-bumper warranty in effect for four years or 50,000 miles. This warranty covers most of the vehicle's parts against defects or from damage from poor workmanship.
- The bumper-to-bumper coverage includes the vehicle's tires. The warranty covers any defects in the tires or in the workmanship. This is covered on a prorated scale depending on the number of miles on the vehicle. The tires are covered for 100 percent of the cost of labor for the first 12,000 miles. The coverage is reduced to 60 percent of the labor costs for 12,001 miles through 24,000 miles. For 24,001 miles to 36,000 miles, the coverage is 30 percent and for 36,001 miles to 50,000 miles, the coverage is 15 percent.
- A second warranty is given on the tires by the manufacturer. This is often longer than the Lincoln warranty.
- Items that need replacement or repair because of wear and tear are not covered by the warranty. Air filters, lubricants, brake pads, clutch linings and other items that are expected to need replacement during the warranty period are not covered. Wiper blades are an exception to this rule. They are covered for replacement for one year with no mileage restrictions.
- The warranty does not include any damage done by the environment. This includes earthquakes, floods, bird droppings and freezing temperatures.
- One environmental exception is for windshield cracks. A limited warranty is provided for the windshield for one year from the purchase date, even if the cause of the cracks is environmental conditions. There is no limitation on mileage for this coverage.
- The power train warranty is good for six years or 70,000 miles. It covers the transmission, the engine and the front and rear-wheel drive.
- A separate safety restraint warranty covers the seat belts as well as the airbags that make up the Lincoln Supplemental Restraint System. This coverage lasts for five years or 60,000 miles.
- The corrosion warranty is perforation-only coverage for the panels of sheet metal in the body of the vehicle. Any holes that develop in these panels are covered under the warranty as long as the perforation happens under the normal use of the vehicle and the hole occurs because of a defect in the sheet metal or in the workmanship done at the factory. This coverage is in effect for five years with no limitation on mileage.
- Some Lincoln Limousine models and Lincoln Navigator L models that have been converted into either a limousine or a funeral car by authorized methods are covered by a different warranty. Town Car models that have a 418 Builder's Package are covered for 48 months or 150,000 miles. With a 419 Builder's Package, Town Cars are covered for 72 months or 100,000 miles. The Navigator L is covered for 48 months or 100,000 miles. This coverage is added to the coverage given by the standard bumper-to-bumper warranty.