The basic Lexus warranty is in effect for a standard length of time, but has a number of very specific provisions for excluded coverage. The power train warranty coverage period is highly competitive, even among luxury brands.
- The Lexus Basic Warranty is in effect for four years or 50,000 miles.
- Wheel balancing and alignment are covered for one year or 20,000 miles.
- Both of these warranties exclude any damage done by abuse of the vehicle, fire, misuse of the vehicle, negligence, accidents, alterations done to the vehicle, failing to maintain the vehicle as outlined in the Warranty and Services Guide, water damage, an undetermined vehicle identification number for the vehicle and any damage that is done by the vehicle's failure. Any transportation and lodging costs incurred because of a vehicle breakdown are not covered.
- Vibrations or noise in the vehicle, as well as certain cosmetic problems, that occur due to wear and tear are not covered by the warranty.
- Tires are covered by a separate warranty from the tire manufacturer and are not included in the basic Lexus warranty.
- The Lexus power train warranty is in effect for six years or 70,000 miles. It covers certain components that make up the rear-wheel drive system, the engine, the transmission and the transaxle. It covers repairs or replacements that may be needed because of defective parts, workmanship or materials.
- The engine parts covered by the power train warranty include: the timing belt, cinder block, flywheel, water pump, the engine control computer, gaskets, fuel pump, oil pan, all seals and all internal engine parts.
- The transaxle and transmission parts covered by the power train warranty include: the torque converter, the case, all mounts, gaskets and seals, the clutch cover and all of the transmission's internal parts.
- The rear-wheel drive system parts covered under the warranty include the driveshaft, axle case, axle carrier, the differential carrier assembly, axle bearing and shaft, and all of the drive system's gaskets and seals.
- The power train warranty has the same exclusions as the basic warranty.
- Lexus vehicles are covered by the Lexus Corrosion Perforation Warranty. This warranty covers against any rust-through damage to the body panels. This includes any holes creates by rust. It does not cover any rust damage to the body panels that does not create a hole. This warranty has the same exclusions as the basic warranty.
- The Lexus Personalized Settings program allows new cars to be taken back to the dealer during the first year after the car is purchased in order to have their personal electronic settings programmed into the vehicle. This includes the power windows and door locks, the operation of the moon roof, the lighted entry system and certain other functions that can be customized.
- The 1,000 and 5,000 mile maintenance service appointments are covered with no deductible due. This may include lubrication and changing fluids, replacing wiper blades, spark plugs, clutch linings, fuses and brake pads and/or a tune-up of the engine.