Kia offers several lengthy warranties that together make up a comprehensive coverage plan. Perhaps the best known warranty is the long power train warranty.
- The Kia power train warranty is in effect for 10 years or 100,000 miles. This warranty covers specific parts of the engine, transaxle, the axles, transmission, differentials and the propeller shafts. There are no deductibles for this coverage.
- The precise engine components covered under this warranty include the cylinder block, timing gear, all gaskets, all seals, the cylinder head, valve cover, water pump, flywheel and the oil pump. It also covers all internal parts of the engine.
- The covered transaxle parts include the transmission case, the drive shafts, gaskets, bearings, seals, the front hubs, the torque converter and all of the internal parts of the transaxle.
- The transmission components covered include the transmission and transfer cases, all gaskets, the torque converter, all seals and all of the transmission's internal parts.
- All of the internal parts of the differential are covered as well as the differential assemblies, both front and rear.
- The universal joints, drive shafts, axle shafts, wheel bearings and C-V joints are also covered under the power train warranty.
- A bumper-to-bumper warranty is in place for five years or 60,000 miles. This covers virtually every part of the vehicle except those parts that are expected to need replacement due to normal wear.
- Adjustment coverage is offered on all Kia vehicles for one year or 12,000 miles. This covers service adjustments that may be needed during the first year of ownership, including wheel alignment, wheel balancing, the adjustment of cables, levers, belts and pedals and engine adjustments.
- Air conditioner refrigerant is covered for one year. There is no mileage limitation on this coverage.
- The audio system, including the radio, CD and cassette player, the Rear Seat Entertainment system and any entertainment equipment purchased with the vehicle are covered for three years or 36,000 miles.
- A paint repair warranty is in effect for three years or 36,000 miles.
- All seat belts in Kia vehicles are covered for 10 years with no limit on the number of miles during the coverage period.
- Tires are not included in any Kia warranty. Tires will generally come with their own warranty directly from the tire manufacturer.
- Any warranty service must take place at a Kai dealership to be covered under the policy.
- An anti-perforation warranty is included for five years or 100,000 miles. This covers the vehicle against rust that creates holes in the body of the vehicle. Holes created in other ways, such as accidents, are not covered.
- Roadside assistance coverage is in effect for five years or 60,000 miles. This includes emergency roadside services in the event of a break down, running out of fuel, a flat tire, a lock out, etc. For flat tire service, the vehicle owner must provide a spare tire. This service is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year during the coverage period.