- A comprehensive bumper-to-bumper warranty is in effect for four years or 50,000 miles. This limited warranty covers most of the larger system of the vehicle against defective parts and faulty workmanship. It does not cover the vehicle's tires, any of the lubricants and items that are subject to normal maintenance.
- An adjustment warranty is in effect for one year or 12,500 miles. This policy covers the vehicle for adjustments and alignments of some of the parts that may need to be aligned during the vehicle's breaking-in period. These include glass alignment, aiming the headlights, tire balancing, wheel balancing, alignment of the body panels, engine adjustments and suspension alignment.
- A rust warranty is good for six years. There is no upper mileage limit for this warranty. It covers the vehicle against perforation in the sheet metal by rust. To maintain the coverage, the vehicle must be taken to a Jaguar dealer once every year for a rust inspection. This inspection must be paid for by the owner of the vehicle.
- A battery warranty covers the battery for four years or 50,000 miles. During the first two years of the warranty, all of the expenses of repairing or replacing the battery are covered 100 percent. After that period, there are two prorated years of warranty coverage. The third year is covered for 50 percent of the cost of the parts and 100 percent of the cost of the labor. During the fourth year, 25 percent of the cost of the parts are covered and 100 percent of the cost of the labor.
- The power train warranty is in effect for four years or 50,000 miles. This warranty is transferable to any subsequent vehicle owners during the period of the warranty. There is no cost to transfer the warranty.
- Loaner vehicles are not covered by the Jaguar warranty. Some retailers provide some alternate means of transportation, but dealers are not required to do so.
- A parts warranty is in effect for one year. This covers any parts that are installed by a Jaguar dealer and any repairs that a dealer makes to the vehicle. There is no limitation of mileage for this coverage.
- Roadside assistance is offered for four years or 50,000 miles. The service is for emergency assistance in the event of a lock out, a flat tire, running out of gas or a car that needs a jump start. It also provides towing if needed and trip interruption coverage. If the car needs repairs because of a part or system under warranty, towing to the nearest Jaguar dealer is covered. If this break down takes place at least 50 miles from the vehicle owner's residence, some expenses can be reimbursed. These include the cost of food and lodging if the break down interrupts travel plans and the vehicle owner has not yet reached the final destination of the trip.
You may also be interested in...
10 Reasons Why the 2016 Chevrolet Volt is the 2016 Autobytel Car of the Year
2016 Autobytel Car and Truck of the Year Awards
2016 Top Pick for Parents – And it Isn’t a Minivan!
2017 Hyundai Elantra First Drive
2016 Toyota RAV4 and Toyota RAV4 Hybrid First Drive and Review
10 Things You Need to Know About the 2017 Hyundai Elantra