Page 1 of 2
Hyundai offers a very competitive bumper-to-bumper warranty as well as one of the longest power train warranties in the industry. The basic warranties offered by Hyundai are as follows:
- Hyundai offers a power train protection warranty for 10 years or 100,000 miles. This warranty covers the replacement or repair of any of the covered portions of the engine and transaxle components that are defective in materials or in workmanship.
- The power train warranty covers the original owner of the car only on 2004 and newer year models and any immediate members of the family on 1999 to 2003 models. It is not transferrable to a new owner outside the family.
- Subsequent owners of the car have a different warranty available to them. They are given a power train warranty for five years or 60,000 miles.
- A bumper-to-bumper warranty is given to new Hyundai owners for five years or 60,000 miles. This includes repair or replacement costs for any defective parts and any issues that arise from defective workmanship. This warranty is intended for almost all of the parts on the vehicle.
- A few parts of a Hyundai have separate warranty coverage apart from the bumper-to-bumper warranty. These parts include the sound system and the vehicle radio. These have a warranty of three years or 36,000 miles. The paint on the outside of the vehicle is under warranty for three years or 36,000 miles.
- The vehicle's battery is under warranty under a sliding scale based on the age of the vehicle. The battery is covered 100 percent for the first two years. After that, it is covered for one additional year with 25 percent of the cost of the batter covered and 100 percent of the cost of labor covered. There is no mileage limitation on the battery warranty coverage.
- There is a warranty on the air conditioner refrigerant that is good for one year. There is no mileage limitation for this coverage.
- Various adjustments that may be needed on the car are covered for one year or 12,000 miles.
- Items that are prone to needing replacement due to wear are covered for one year or 12,000 miles. These include the brake linings, brake pads, filters, clutch linings, the belts, wiper blades, fuses and all bulbs.
- Hyundai's Anti-Perforation Warranty is in effect for seven years with no limitation of mileage. This coverage includes repair or replacement for body panels that are eaten through with rust. Any corrosion that is limited to the surface of the body is not covered under the warranty.
- Roadside assistance is offered for five years and is not limited by mileage. This includes emergency jump starts, changing of a flat tire, fuel delivery for a vehicle that has run out of gas and towing. The towing is included even if the reason for the tow is an accident. This warranty is transferable to any new owner during the time period of the coverage.
- The Federal Emission and Performance Warranty covers the vehicle's emissions control parts for eight years or 80,000 miles. This coverage includes the engine control module and the catalytic converter as well as the onboard emissions diagnostic component.
- The Replacement Parts and Accessories Limited Warranty covers parts supplied by Hyundai that are defective under normal use and wear. Genuine parts purchased, but not installed, by an authorized dealer are covered for 12 months/unlimited miles. Accessories installed at the time of purchase of the new Hyundai are covered for five years or 60,000 miles. Accessories installed after purchase are covered for 12 months/12,000 miles. Â
More Articles Like This
Page 2 of 2