HUMMER vehicles are covered by a lengthy bumper-to-bumper warranty and an even longer power train warranty. These warranties transfer to any new owners for the duration of each of the warranty periods. The basic warranty coverage is as follows:
- The HUMMER bumper-to-bumper warranty provides limited coverage for four years or 50,000 miles. The coverage includes the repair or replacement of parts that are defective and the repair of any damage caused by poor workmanship. There is no deductible on any covered repairs.
- Towing of the vehicle when there is a breakdown is covered for five years or 50,000 miles. The coverage is good for any breakdowns that occur within 100 miles of a HUMMER dealer.
- The rust warranty covers sheet metal damage from rust. To be eligible for the coverage, the rust must wear completely through the sheet metal. The damage can not be the result of an accident. This warranty is good for six years or 100,000 miles.
- The power train warranty on HUMMERs is good for five years or 100,000 miles. The warranty covers the driveshaft, driven axles, transmission, differential, the clutch and the engine.
- Coverage for the power train include specific parts of the engine, including: the timing chain and cover, cylinder head, OHC carriers, seals and gaskets, the flywheel, timing gears, oil pan, engine mount and all of the engine's lubricated internal components.
- Power train coverage of the drive systems includes: the axle shafts, axle bearings, locking hubs, the universal joints, gaskets, seals, constant velocity joints, hub bearings for the front and rear and all of the drive system's lubricated internal parts.
- The transmission systems are covered by the power train warranty. This coverage includes: the transmission case, the transfer case, all gaskets and seals, the torque converter and all of the transmission's lubricated internal components.
- Transportation when the vehicle is undergoing repairs covered in the warranty is provided as part of the Courtesy transportation Program. In some locations, this includes a loaner vehicle. In others, alternative transportation costs may be reimbursed during the vehicle repairs.
- Roadside assistance is covered for five years or 100,000 miles. The coverage includes emergency assistance when the keys are locked in the vehicle, the vehicle breaks down or when it runs out of gas. The coverage includes gas worth up to $4. Jump starts are included when necessary as are flat tire changes.
- All repairs on items under warranty must take place at a HUMMER dealership. Repairs completed at unauthorized repair shops are not covered under the warranty, even if it is a certified GM dealer.
- HUMMER accessories that are installed by the dealer are covered under warranty for one year or 12,000 miles.
- Accessories that are sold by a HUMMER dealer and do not require installation are also covered by the one year, 12,000 mile warranty.
- Accessories that are not authorized by HUMMER are not covered under warranty. Any unauthorized alterations to the vehicle that are caused by installing these accessories may exclude those parts of the vehicle from the warranty.
You may also be interested in...
Must-See SUVs and Crossovers at the 2015 LA Auto Show
Eye Candy at the 2015 LA Auto Show
8 Things We Learned About the 2016 Chevrolet Camaro While Finding New Roads
5 First Impressions After Driving the 2017 Jaguar XE
2016 Ford Focus Road Test & Review
2016 Chevy Camaro SS Road Trip: From Utah to Montana in the Snow