Honda offers competitive warranties for the power train and for bumper-to-bumper coverage. It also offers separate adjustment, battery and replacement warranties to ensure satisfaction with a new Honda.
- The Honda bumper-to-bumper warranty covers the vehicle for three years or 36,000 miles. It covers any material defects and defective workmanship in the vehicle.
- The bumper-to-bumper warranty does not include items that need replacement due to ordinary expected wear and tear. These items include wiper blades, oil filters, brake pads and air filters.
- The Honda power train warranty covers the vehicle's power train components for seven years or 100,000 miles. The covered components include the engine, drive axles, transmission and the driveshaft. Most of the items that need replacement due to everyday wear are not included in the warranty. The belts and hoses used in the power train are not covered by the warranty. The bearings and pistons, which can also wear out, are included in the warranty.
- Towing the vehicle to the appropriate repair shop for needed repairs is included during the power train warranty period when the vehicle breaks down because of parts that are covered by the warranty.
- Adjustments of some systems are included in a separate warranty for one year or 12,000 miles. Wheel balancing or wheel alignment is not included in this warranty.
- A rust warranty covers Honda vehicles against holes caused by rust. This coverage is good for five years and is not limited by the number of miles on the vehicle. The warranty covers the repair of holes in the body panels that are caused by rust or replacement of the panel if necessary. The rust damage must be caused from the inside of the panel and perforate all the way to the outside. There are no maintenance requirements to keep this coverage.
- The battery warranty is good for a complete replacement of a defective battery for one year. There are no mileage restrictions on the coverage. After the first year, the battery is covered by prorated warranty coverage. This is given in the form of credit that goes toward the cost of a new battery. This extended, prorated coverage is good for two years and for unlimited miles.
- A warranty for replacement parts that are installed by a Honda dealer are covered for one year or 12,000 miles. Honda parts not installed by a Honda dealer are given a one year warranty.
- Tires are not covered by any Honda warranty. They have a warranty from the tire manufacturer.
- There is a lifetime warranty on all Honda seatbelts in the vehicle. The warranty covers repairing or replacing any component of the seatbelts. Labor and parts costs are covered by the warranty and there is no mileage limitation.
- Honda warranties can only be transferred to a new owner if the vehicle was sold to the subsequent owner by a Honda dealer.
- The Honda accessory warranty covers all Honda accessories for up to 3 years or 36,000 miles, depending on when they were installed.
You may also be interested in...
10 Reasons Why the 2016 Honda Pilot is the 2016 Autobytel Truck of the Year
10 Reasons Why the 2016 Chevrolet Volt is the 2016 Autobytel Car of the Year
2016 Autobytel Car and Truck of the Year Awards
2016 Top Pick for Parents – And it Isn’t a Minivan!
2017 Hyundai Elantra First Drive
2016 Toyota RAV4 and Toyota RAV4 Hybrid First Drive and Review