Page 1 of 2
Ford offers an extended power train warranty that is competitive with the long warranties of other domestic auto companies. There are some Ford models that have slightly different coverage periods than others. The basic Ford warranties include:
- The Ford power train warranty is good for five years or 60,000 miles.
- The power train warranty is a limited warranty with some exclusions. The basic coverage is for the transmission and the engine.
- This warranty has no deductible and it transfers to new owners. There is no cost to transfer the warranty.
- Some Ford models are eligible for longer power train warranties. Some models of Focus have a longer warranty time period. Some E-Series vehicles and F-Series vehicles up to the F-550 model have a longer mileage period for coverage. These models have a five year or 100,000 miles warranty on the diesel engine.
- Some components of hybrid Ford vehicles are given an eight year or 100,000 mile warranty on their hybrid components.
- Roadside assistance is available for five years or 60,000 miles. This warranty includes help if the driver is locked out of the vehicle, a tire change or an emergency transport of fuel if the driver runs out of gas.
- The bumper-to-bumper Ford warranty is good for three years or 36,000 miles. This includes most of the vehicle's components with certain exclusions. The batteries are not included in the warranty, and most will have their own manufacturer's warranty.
- Any damage caused by wear and tear, from maintenance or by accidents is not covered by the warranty. Environmental damage, such as floods, hail or lightning damage, is also specifically excluded from the warranty.
- Any damage caused by getting poor maintenance on the vehicle, using the wrong fuel or the wrong oil is not covered by the warranty.
- The tires are not included in the warranty and will come with their own warranty for defective materials.
- The emissions warranty is dependent on the type of vehicle. Ford vehicles weighing up to 8,500 pounds are covered against emissions defects for three years or 36,000 miles. Ford vehicles weighing more than 8,500 pounds, the coverage for emissions defects is for five years or 50,000 miles. There are also some emissions parts on the lighter vehicles that are covered for eight years or 80,000 miles.
- The onboard computers are covered as part of the emissions control system as well as the oil filler cap.
- For the emissions performance, there are different warranty lengths. For vehicles up to 8,500 pounds, the coverage is for two years or 24,000 miles. For Vehicles over 8,500 pounds, the coverage is for five years or 50,000 miles.
- The Ford rust warranty covers the vehicle against holes caused by rust for five years. This warranty is not limited by the vehicle's mileage. The coverage includes any holes that are caused in the sheet metal of the vehicle. It does not cover rust that is limited to the surface of the metal.
More Articles Like This
Page 2 of 2