Page 1 of 2
Chrysler offers a 3 year/36,000 mile basic limited warranty on all vehicles. Starting in July of 2007, that basic warranty has been extended to include a lifetime power train limited warranty. This lifetime warranty by Chrysler is the only warranty like this offered by an American automotive company. Most other automotive companies, including those around the world, very rarely offer a warranty of this kind.
Regular warranty coverage includes:
- The basic warranty coverage is limited to 3 year or 36,000 miles.
- Anti-corrosion/perforation limited warranty on all panels of the car lasts 3 years and is not limited to any mileage.
- Outer panels only are covered under a 5 year/100,000 warranty for anti-corrosion/perforation.
- A Federal emission warranty covers up to 2 years or 24,000 miles.
- Federal emission special comp. warranty coverage for up to 8 years or 80,000 miles.
- California emission coverage for up to 7 years or 70,000 miles is available.
Lifetime power train limited warranty details:
- Coverage begins at the end of the basic limited warranty coverage.
- Only original owners are included in the lifetime power train limited warranty coverage and it is not transferable to new owners. All subsequent owners are not eligible for the warranty coverage, even if the new owner is a member of the original owner's family. There are extended warranties available for purchase by later owners of the vehicle.
- The warranty covers the cost of all parts and labor for repair of a power train component that is covered under the warranty, if it is substandard in craftsmanship and materials.
- The lifetime power train warranty is only good in the U.S.
- Towing is covered to the nearest dealer.
- There is no deductible for the power train warranty coverage.
- Owner must have vehicle inspected by an authorized Chrysler, Dodge or Jeep dealer every 5 years to be eligible to keep the lifetime power train warranty. The inspection is free and must be done within two months of each of the five-year anniversaries of the first sale date of the vehicle.
- Excluded from the lifetime power train warranty coverage are all SRT vehicles, diesel vehicles, rental and government vehicles, all Ram Cab/Chassis vehicles, postal delivery and police vehicles, and vehicles used as taxis, limousines or ambulances.
- Parts covered in the Lifetime Power Train limited warranty are the gasoline engine (diesel engines are not included in the lifetime power train coverage), transmission (except for manual transmission clutch parts), housing, cases and units for AWD, 4x4, rear-wheel-drive and front-wheel-drive vehicles.
Special extended warranty coverage packages are made available through Chrysler. These extended warranties include:
- 800+ extended care package - basic coverage on selected major components. This package covers over 800 components of the basic mechanical and other components on the vehicle.
- 5000+ extended care coverage - Maximum Care coverage is available to cover virtually every mechanical problem with your vehicle. Over 5000 components are covered by the Maximum Care warranty.
More Articles Like This
Page 2 of 2