Cadillac is known for its luxury cars, and it is equally proud of its substantial warranty policies. Cadillac requires no deductible for any repairs covered by the warranty. The Cadillac warranty includes:
- The power train warranty is an extensive warranty that extends for five years or 100,000 miles. This warranty is transferable if the car is passed to a new owner.
- The power train coverage includes specific parts of the engine, transmission and the drive systems. Poor workmanship or defective materials are covered. Damage caused by accidents, contaminated fuel, low-quality fuel or insufficient maintenance is not covered by the warranty.
- Cadillac offers the standard GM warranty of bumper-to-bumper coverage for four years or 50,000 miles.
- The GM Protection Plan is available for an additional cost. This extended warranty covers the entire vehicle against problems with materials or workmanship. It is available for up to seven years or 100,000 miles of coverage, depending on the age of the vehicle when the coverage is purchased. Younger vehicles are eligible for more coverage than older ones. There may be a small deductible for repairs under this plan.
- Defects in the tires are included as part of the bumper-to-bumper policy. Road wear or damage is not included in this coverage.
- Towing the vehicle to the closest dealership for repairs covered by the warranty is included as a part of the warranty. This is good for four years or 50,000 miles.
- The warranty includes roadside assistance available 24 hours a day for five years or 100,000 miles. The roadside assistance package gives stranded motorists help with towing, jump starting a battery, vehicle owners who have been locked out, the cost of a tire change (cost of the tire not included) and emergency fuel delivery for an empty tank.
- A corrosion protection warranty covers each Cadillac for six years. This covers the vehicle against the vehicle's body and any components made of sheet metal against holes created by rust. To be covered, the rust must eat through the part completely. Surface rust that does not create a hole is not covered.
- new Cadillac cars and light trucks are covered by courtesy transportation coverage. For five years or 1000,000 miles, the vehicle owner will be given some type of alternate transportation during repairs that are covered by the warranty. This may include a loaner car, transportation with a shuttle bus or it may be reimbursement of the vehicle owner's transportation.
- Damage to the paint done by air pollution is covered for one year or 12,000 miles. This covers ringlet discolorations in the paint that can cause blotches in the paint. It also covers dark etched spots in the paint caused by pollutants.
- To keep the warranties valid, the vehicle must undergo its proper, scheduled maintenance. It is not required that a Cadillac dealership perform all of the maintenance. The owner's manual lists the scheduled maintenance items that are required to keep the vehicle under warranty.
You may also be interested in...
10 Reasons Why the 2016 Honda Pilot is the 2016 Autobytel Truck of the Year
10 Reasons Why the 2016 Chevrolet Volt is the 2016 Autobytel Car of the Year
2016 Autobytel Car and Truck of the Year Awards
2016 Top Pick for Parents – And it Isn’t a Minivan!
2017 Hyundai Elantra First Drive
2016 Toyota RAV4 and Toyota RAV4 Hybrid First Drive and Review