Buick offers a substantial warranty with very few exclusions. There are several components to the standard warranties included with each new Buick:
- The bumper-to-bumper warranty covers the entire vehicle for four years or 50,000 miles. There are no deductibles with repairs covered by the warranty.
- This warranty includes every part of the vehicle as sold by the dealer, including dealer-installed accessories.
- Buick offers a 5 year or 100,000 mile 24/7 Roadside Assistance warranty, Courtesy Transportation Warranty and a Transferable Powertrain Limited Warranty with no deductible.
- A sheet metal warranty covers the metal panels of a Buick against holes caused by rust. Partial holes that don't go all the way through the metal are considered surface corrosion and are not included. This warranty is good for six years or 100,000 miles.
- Towing is available for any breakdowns of the vehicle caused by parts that are still under warranty. This is available for five years or 100,000 miles.
- The paint is under warranty against damage to the paint that is caused by pollutants in the air. This type of damage can cause ring-shaped blotches in the paint or small, dark spots that are etched into the paint. Both are covered for one year or 12,000 miles.
- A power train warranty is in effect for five years or 100,000 miles.
- The power train coverage includes specific parts of the power train, including most engine components and drive systems, the transfer case and the transmission. Timing belts are only covered until the vehicle has had its first scheduled maintenance. The warranty covers parts that need repairs or replacements because of defects in the materials or the construction.
- A 24 hour roadside assistance program is included in the Buick warranty for five years or 100,000 miles. Roadside assistance includes a tire change, though it does not pay for the new tire. It also includes towing, a battery jump, assistance with a lock out and fuel delivery if the vehicle has run out of fuel.
- Tires are under warranty for four years or 50,000 miles. The tires are under Buick warranty for defects in the tires' materials or in the workmanship of the tires. It does not cover road wear or damage done to the tires by other objects like broken glass or other items outside the car that may damage the tires. There may be other warranties given by the tire manufacturer that extends the time period of the tire warranty.
- When parts under the power train warranty need repair or replacement, there may be loaner transportation available during the repairs. A free interim vehicle is only available during the duration of the power train warranty- five years or 100,000 miles. In cases where a loaner vehicle is not available, some dealers will provide reimbursement for transportation costs.
The exclusions to the Buick warranty policies include damage done to the vehicle or its parts by misuse, improperly maintaining the vehicle, accidents or using fuel that has been contaminated or is of general poor quality. There are GM Protection Plan warranties available from Buick dealers that extend the Buick warranty.