The BMW new vehicle warranty is a limited policy that covers material defects and faulty workmanship during the coverage period. There are several parts of the standard BMW warranty, each covering a different aspect of the vehicle. There is also a comprehensive vehicle maintenance warranty that will save the vehicle owner hundreds of dollars, or more, in scheduled maintenance costs and a separate safety program good for four years.
- The BMW new vehicle warranty is for four years or 50,000 miles. The warranty protects against any flaws from faulty materials or workmanship. Road wear and any damage caused by accidents are not covered under the warranty.
- Every BMW from 2006 on has a separate rust warranty. This warranty is good for 12 years from the date of the first sale of the car. It is not limited by the number of miles on the vehicle. The rust warranty covers any holes in the body that are caused by rust. Surface areas of corrosion are not covered under this warranty.
- BMW offers an extended warranty option that covers any mechanical breakdowns. This policy can be for up to six years or 100,000 miles.
- The BMW Original Owner Protection Plan offers original owners an additional two years or 50,000 miles of mechanical breakdown protection. This warranty must be purchased while the car is under the original New Vehicle warranty.
- BMW Roadside Assistance is a program that is included for four years as a part of the warranty. The four years of Roadside Assistance is not limited by the number of miles on the vehicle and the service is available 24 hours a day in the U.S., Canada and Puerto Rico. Anyone driving the vehicle, not just the owner, is eligible for the service during the four years.
- BMW Roadside Assistance offers a few concierge services as well as emergency services. The service can help drivers to plan travel routes and to help with hotel reservations and to arrange alternate forms of transportation if needed.
- The BMW Maintenance Program is another warranty service. The program is good for four years or 50,000 miles and it provides a comprehensive list of maintenance services during that time. These services include every maintenance service that is recommended by the factory, including: oil changes, the addition of brake, steering and washer fluid, the replacement of brake pads, new wiper blade inserts and new brake rotors. There is no charge for any of these services during the warranty period.
- Some new BMW models include four free years of the BMW Assist Safety Plan. This includes Teleservice access during that time. TeleService is the BMW service that keeps the vehicle connected to a BMW center. When service is needed, the vehicle contacts the BMW center and lets it know that the vehicle needs service. There is no vehicle mileage limitation on this plan.
- BMW Assist also provides their ConnectedDrive emergency assistance system for four years. This program is a wireless, hands-free communication system that can help the driver to communicate in an emergency. A GPS system helps responders to locate the vehicle during an emergency. It uses Bluetooth technology that is integrated into the system.
You may also be interested in...
10 Reasons Why the 2016 Chevrolet Volt is the 2016 Autobytel Car of the Year
2016 Autobytel Car and Truck of the Year Awards
2016 Top Pick for Parents – And it Isn’t a Minivan!
2017 Hyundai Elantra First Drive
2016 Toyota RAV4 and Toyota RAV4 Hybrid First Drive and Review
10 Things You Need to Know About the 2017 Hyundai Elantra