Acura offers a generous warranty package that surpasses the warranties covered by many other companies. There is also a factory-backed extended warranty plan available. The company covers each Acura model with at least these points of coverage under the standard warranty:
- Acura has a limited warranty that covers the vehicle for four years or 50,000 miles. There are some limitations for small adjustments and items that are normally expected to need maintenance or a replacement during that time period. There are a few other items that are specifically excluded from the warranty.
- Exclusions to the warranty include glass, trim, tires, carpeting, upholstery, vehicle maintenance items and any ornamentation.
- Included in the warranty are the major engine components, electrical system components, automatic or manual transmission parts, the heating and air conditioning, the braking system, the rear deferential, the cooling system, steering, suspension system, fuel delivery parts, the SRS system and the drive axle system.
- The warranty will not be voided if the car is serviced by someone other than an Acura dealer as long as the service is done correctly.
- Acura Genuine Parts are covered for up to 12 months by a Replacement Parts Limited Warranty. If the parts are installed by an Acura dealer they are covered for 12 months or 12,000 miles, whichever comes first.
- There is no co-pay for warranty repairs. Acura will pay 100% of repairs with the exception of the battery. The battery is covered 100% for parts and labor for the first two years only and then prorated for parts coverage only for the third and fourth year.
- Acura offers a power train warranty that is good for six years or 70,000 miles. This is a limited warranty with similar exclusions for parts expected to wear out or need maintenance during that time.
- The outer body of an Acura is under warranty against rust. The rust-through warranty is good for five years and is not limited by the number of miles. It is also a limited warranty that excludes items that are expected to need maintenance.
- The seatbelt warranty is good for 15 years or 150,000 miles.
- There is a separate warranty for any vehicle accessories that are installed by the Acura dealer when the vehicle is being purchased.
- The accessory warranty includes coverage for four years or 50,000 miles for certain dealer-installed accessories.
- Security systems, audio systems and navigation systems are covered.
Another part of the warranty is a free roadside assistance program. It is available for four years or 50,000 miles. The roadside assistance service can help if the vehicle owner locks the keys inside the car, runs out of gas or if the vehicle overheats.
Acura Extended Warranty Program
Acura Care is an extended warranty program for Acuras. Unlike many third-party extended warranties, Acura Care is backed by Acura itself. To qualify for the extended warranty, the Acura has to be younger than 48 months and must have fewer than 50,000 miles on it.
- Extended warranty coverage is good for up to eight years or 120,000 miles.
- The age of the car and the number of miles on it determines the length of the extended warranty that the vehicle is eligible for.
- A new car is eligible for eight years ofÂ coverage while older models are eligible for as little as five years of coverage. Â
- The same coverage and exclusions are available with the extended warranty as with the regular warranty.
- Acura Care warranties for brand new vehicles are available with either a $0 or a $100 deductible.
- New vehicle extended plans are available for Acuras that are the current model year with fewer than 6,000 miles.