The 2014 VW Jetta may not be the first vehicle you think of when you think of the 2013 SEMA Show, but Volkswagen’s product manager for accessories, Robert Gal, reminds us that the automaker “has a long, rich history with enthusiasts who have tuned models such as the Jetta, Golf and GTI, and Beetle for several decades in the United States.”
And it's that track record of tunability—combined with a pair of new 4-cylinder, turbocharged engines—that share the spotlight during SEMA's current aftermarket extravaganza in Las Vegas. Consider the 2014 VW Jetta that's been transformed into a "Racer's Dream in Black and White" by FMS Automotive. As a starting point, the FMS Jetta takes Volkswagen's engine-upgrade program well beyond the next level with a massive infusion of horsepower: The production Jetta enjoys a 10-hp power-bump right out of the box when it's configured with VW's upgraded 2.0-liter turbo, which now delivers both 210 horses and better fuel-economy than the engine it replaces. The FMS Jetta packs more than twice that number of ponies, thanks to an APR Stage 3+ Turbo Kit that's further complemented by a carbon-fiber cold-air intake system, as well as performance pistons, rods and wristpins, all also from APR.
FMS further fine-tuned the 2014 VW Jetta with features like:
- H&R's "Street" coil-over suspension and "Sport" anti-roll bars
- 19-inch chrome-lipped wheels by TSW Jerez
- Nitto NT-05 Z-rated tires
- Brembo brake components, including four-piston calipers and cross-drilled rotors
- Custom wide-body mods, highlighted by the premiere of FMS' latest line of body-side moldings
- A black-and-white exterior color scheme, with a matte Candy White finish from Axalta Coatings and gloss-black accents
- Cabin highlights such as Recaro front seats, with rear seats and other cabin accents re-upholstered by FMS in a matching fabric, and VW's RNS 115 navigation and premium audio system
Joining the FMS 2014 VW Jetta in Volkswagen's SEMA display are ...